Chapter 10

Vic's POV

My heart jumped into my throat as Gabe spoke through the phone. How could this be happening? How did Gabe even know about the body deal?

"VIC! ARE YOU THERE?!" cried a voice from the phone. A voice I thought I'd never hear again. My heart burst as I recognized it. It was Jaime. It was my best friend.

"Oh my god. Jaime!" I practically screamed.

"Vic, he can't hear you and neither can I, because we're outside the room." Gabe explained.

"Gabe, how do you know all this and who is Jaime?" Kellin questioned.

"That's Kellin? I thought you said he was a guy." Jaime remarked. I couldn't help, but laugh a little. Kellin was known for his high-pitched voice.

"I am a guy." Kellin said rolling his eyes.

"Vic! Kellin! Listen! I found the Pierce the Veil guys in Cali and I heard they were missing a member. They showed me a picture and it was Vic. They said now that they knew where you were they could help. I've been doing research on the Brujas Negros and it says that if a witch is to perform the soul from body curse, she must keep the body in her dwelling at all times and may not leave the same town as the soul until the soul has died." Gabe explained.

"So she's in the same town as us?!" Kellin exclaimed.

"We know exactly where she is too. Tony's been having premonitions since your curse, and he located the house. We think it's a side-effect of him watching what happened." Jaime added.

"We're heading down there in two days. Will you guys be ready?" Gabe asked.

"Um yeah I'll just tell my mom you're visiting again, but you had to bring your cousins or something." Kellin said nervously.

I beamed at the thought of seeing my friends and my brother again. I was finally going to get the hell out of this room. Wouldn't that mean being away from Kellin though? That wasn't important right now. What was important was the fact that we were about to face a witch with only five teenager not including myself. Could we handle such a task?

"We'll see you then." Gabe said.

"WAIT! Don't hang up yet! Can Vic hear me?" called Jaime's voice.

I nodded. "Yeah he can hear you." Kellin confirmed.

"I told you I'd find you." Jaime said softly.

Tears pricked the backs of my eyes as I remembered that day. "I knew you would." I lied.

Kellin repeated my statement to Jaime then said his goodbyes to Gabe and hung up. He looked up at me beaming until he abruptly wrapped his arms around my neck in a hug. It took me by surprise, but I eventually pulled him too my chest.

"I told you it would work out." He mumbled into my shoulder.

I pulled away and looked into his gleaming green eyes. He looked so happy and hopeful. Why couldn't I feel like that?

"I don't deserve this though." I said looking away from him. I could still see his smile fade out of the corner of my eye.

"Vic, you aren't a bad person. Everything is going to be okay." Kellin assured me.

"No I was going to get what I deserve." I choked.

"You think you deserve to die?" he asked sadly.

All I could so was slowly nod. Before I knew what was happening, Kellin cupped my cheeks and brought my face in front of his, so we were looking directly in each other's eyes.

"No. You do not. Nothing that's happened is your fault, Vic. If it weren't for you I would probably be the same depressed teenager I was back in New York. You saved me. You don't deserve to die." Kellin told me.

That was all it took for me to lean in and kiss him hard, moving our lips in a rhythm. I felt that burning in my soul again from the pure love I felt for this boy. It was so intense and perfect that I couldn't handle it. I pulled away, so I wouldn't catch fire and gazed into his eyes.

"I'm glad you're here." I said panting ever so slightly.

"I'm glad I came." He responded sweetly, before pecking my lips lightly.

"I'm glad I walked into the room at this particular moment." Alexis chuckled from the door frame.

"Dammit kid do you ever stay in your room?" Kellin snapped. The red head just giggled and sat on the desk across from us.

"We finally got some good news kid." I told her smirking.

{Author's Note: Please keep voting and commenting!!}