Chapter 5

Kellin's POV

{1 week later}

It'd been a week since I got here and I was really starting to like Vic we talked basically all day about whatever. He could be a little chatty at times, but the guy hadn't had an actual conversation with someone in over two months. I couldn't blame him.

Gabe was coming over today and I couldn't wait to show him Vic. He'd be a little freaked out at first, but it'd be fine.

"What time is your friend getting here?" Vic appeared as I walked into the room.

"Any minute now." I grinned.

Vic smirked. "You know you're really adorable when you do that. You should smile more."

I felt my face go absolutely red. Was he hitting on me? I don't know what else it could've been. I couldn't help but smile after that. He made me feel great with little flirty comments like that.

"See there it is again!" he pointed at my cheek. I let out a little laugh.

"I'm glad you're here Vic. I think I'd go insane if I was alone all day." I admitted.

"Oh you'd go insane? If I had another week left in here by myself, I'd lose it." He threw himself on the bed smiling up at me.

It made me wonder if I only liked him, because I had no other real options or if I really had feelings for him.

"Thanks for being here Kellin." After that he rolled over resting his head in my lap. Since he didn't have an actual body it felt kind of tingly and soft, but still there. That's when I knew I definitely had a little bit of a crush on this kid. I mean who wouldn't after being around him for two days straight? He's just perfect!

Vic sat up abruptly after a few minutes.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"For what Vic?" I questioned.

"I shouldn't get close to you." He looked at me with sad brown eyes.

"But I like it when your close to me.." I admitted, giving him a soft smile.

"No Kellin. You don't get it. I hurt people! I just leave them, and even if I don't want to I'm going to have to leave you too. I don't want to hurt you in the process. I know we haven't known each other for that long, but I care about you Kellin." He blurted. My mouth hung open slightly at all this.

"We're gonna figure this out. You won't have to leave! I'll figure out how to stop the curse and you'll get your body back! Everything will be ok." I assured him.

"HOW KELLIN?! How are you gonna fix this?" he yelled.

I shook my head and opened my mouth to say something, but there was a knock at the door. Gabe.

"Can we finish this later? I think my friend's here." I said sadly.

He nodded and I bolted to the door opening it as fast as I could. My friend Gabe stood there tall with his ginger hair slicked back. He was wearing faded jeans and a hoody that hid his bulkiness.

"Hiya Quinn." He smirked down at me.

"Hey Gabe." I pulled him into a hug. "You gotta come see my room man." I told him with excitement. He nodded and followed me upstairs saying hi to my mom and Alexis on the way.

I opened the door and no one was there yet. Perfect.

"Ugh dude get damn duster in here. It's disgusting." Gabe said, wrinkling his nose.

"Never mind that. There's someone in here with us. Can't you feel it?" I asked grinning.

"What the hell Kell... what was that?" a chill went down Gabe's back and I could tell he felt it.

"Don't flip out! It's not a ghost. It's a soul. His name is Vic and he's really cool." I explained.

Gabe backed up. "It's only been a week and you've already gone mental."

"No wait! Just watch." I insisted.

Right on queue Vic's form shimmered into place in front of Gabe. "Sup." He said.

Gabe nearly fell backwards in shock. The taller boy's eyes were the size of bowling balls and he darted towards the door.

I put my arm in front of him and cocked my head. "Really Gabe? He won't bite."

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU KELLIN?! WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO IT?" Gabe shouted.

"It has a name and it can hear you." Vic rolled his eyes.

"He talks too?" Gabe asked with a beyond concerned look in his eyes. I nodded. "Yanno Kellin when you said you had a crush on someone I thought.."

"SHUT UP GABE!" I scolded. I turned around to glance at Vic. He was leaned up against the wall smirking at me. God he looked good.

It took Gabe a few breathers to take all this in, but within 20 minutes they were having full conversations and laughing with each other. About what you ask? Me. All the stupid shit I do while I'm sleeping or eating or existing. At least they had something to bond over.

"Be right back. Getting food." I told them narrowing my eyes at Gabe.

Everything was fine until I opened the door, and Alexis stumbled in.

"I heard everything." She said with wide green eyes. Shit.
{Author's Note: Two updates in one night! Wow. I sure am spoiling you guys. Loving the feedback please continue! Show you're friends! Ily}