Chapter 2

Vic's POV

I watched from the window as a car pulled into the driveway. Probably just another one of Milo's idiot friends. A short boy with long, swoopy, black hair and a pale complexion stepped out of the car with a woman who looked like his mom. He was very skinny and I had to admit, kind of cute. He was wearing darker colors, but I couldn't actually see colors. Everything's been black and white since the curse.

You see the curse had been a part of me for about a year now. I deserved it, but I didn't want it. A Brujas Negros was my ex-boyfriend's sister and...well it's a long story. Brujas Negros are Mexican witches with dark powers. I didn't know they existed until one zapped me. Basically she separated my soul from my body and bound it to this room. This horrible, horrible room. No one in the house even came in here. It was so lonely. I could still hear Milo and Alexis though. They were the two kids that lived here. I think. I barely saw them. Alexis came in here once or twice to clean up, but that was it.

Now here's something I didn't expect. The door opened. To my surprise, it was the smaller boy from the driveway. His dark hair hung in front of his eyes as he sighed and looked around, and he held a suitcase behind him. Alexis stepped in from behind him.

"Here it is. Home sweet home!" she squeaked with a little too much enthusiasm. Poor kid.

The boy nodded at her and she left. He took a step towards the center of the room and glanced around with a look of disgust on his face. I didn't blame him the place was coated in dust and filth. He slowly unpacked his things and put them in the closet. Was he moving in? Staying the night? Finally something to distract me from my lifetime of boredom.

I took a step towards him, but he quickly reeled around, checking every corner of the room like he had heard something. Maybe he sensed my presence! Of course before I could try anything else, the boy ran out of the room. Dammit.

About 5 minutes later I heard Milo's door open. I couldn't hear what Milo said, but Alexis I heard.

"Dad wants us to do some cousin bonding with Kellin here." Alexis stated. The rest I heard were murmurs made by Milo.

His name was Kellin. A pretty name for a pretty boy. Speak of the Devil he walked into the room again. I noticed how he slightly shivered when he walked in. I'd blame it on a draft, but I knew it was me. I was practically a ghost. I had effects like that.

I watched closely as Kellin eyed the room suspiciously before plopping down on his bed.

"We should move in with your cousins! She says. It'll be fun. She says. Pfft. As if." Kellin scoffed. He had a slightly high pitch voice that really suited him. I liked it.

He pulled out his phone and plopped onto the bed. He was texting someone named Gabe. Hopefully not a boyfriend, because Kellin was hot. Who was I kidding? I'm a ghost. I'm invisible. Just like I should be. Unless...