Chapter 9

Kellin's POV

I took off the hoody that smelled like perfume and metal then set it next to me. Vic's voice had taken a serious tone as he sat on the floor between Alexis and me.

"Kellin I told you about the Brujas Negros right? Witches with dark powers. I was cursed by one and my soul and body were separated. She bound my soul to this room." He told Alexis.

"WHAT!? I thought you were dead!" Alexis exclaimed.

"Not yet. I have a little over than two weeks." He mumbled solemnly.

I felt my heart drop slightly. I forgot his time was limited. "Why?" I asked him.

Vic smiled sadly at me. "I had a girlfriend named Natalie. We were dating for about five months and it was great, but I started having doubts about my sexuality. I broke it off and we agreed to be friends. The next night I got a call from her sister. Natalie had taken her own life." His voice broke. I could tell he really did care about her even if it wasn't romantically.

He cleared his throat and continued. "Her sister's name was Katie. Katie had been dabbling in dark magic and she wanted revenge. She performed the curse on me and moved out of the house she lived in with Natalie. This house. She chose this room, because this is the room Natalie killed herself in." A grim expression was plastered to his face.

I closed my mouth after realizing it had been hanging open. "Vic, I'm so sorry."

He shrugged. "I'll be ok." He didn't look ok. In face he just looked so hopeless.

Alexis hopped off the desk and tackled Vic in a hug. He looked shocked at the sudden touch, but wrapped his arms around the small girl's body.

Suddenly the door opened and Vic instantly disappeared at the sound, leaving Alexis to fall onto to floor face first.

"Hey do you got a charger?" Milo asked. It was him.

"I don't got one, but I do have one." I sassed. I hated when people used improper grammar.

"You're a little smart ass. You know that?" Milo rolled his eyes at me.

"It's better than being a dumbass like yourself." I scoffed.

"Just leave, Milo." Alexis mumbled.

"You tryna fight, emo?" Milo bucked up.

"I'd rather not hit a girl." I smiled at him. I knew it was taking Vic everything not to burst into laughter.

"This is why no one wants you, Kellin. Not even your own dad." Milo spat.

I watched as something shoved into him, pinning Milo to the ground. He tried to speak, but an invisible fist slammed down on his face. Milo scrambled out from under the force on top of him and ran out of my room.

Vic appeared as the door slammed in front of him. "No one is allowed to talk to you like that, Kellin. Ever." He stated with rage in his eyes.

"I know. I know. It's ok. Why don't you sit down?" I offered shakily. God knows what Vic was capable of right now.

He nodded and sat next to me. I rubbed his back soothingly as he sat with his knees tucked to his chest. There was silence until...

"That was...amazing!" Alexis beamed.

Vic and I finally burst into laughter.

"You called him a girl!" Alexis giggled.

"Well Vic punched him in this face!" I laughed along. Vic leaned his head on my shoulder and laughed with us. I took his hand in mine and grinned. This felt great. The three of us having a good time together, laughing, smiling. It was perfect even.

"Are you guys together yet? I mean look at the two of you." Alexis asked.

I blushed deeply and looked at Vic. When our eyes met his face fell.

"Alexis, can Kellin and I talk in private?" Vic asked.

Alexis looked a bit confused, but the girl nodded and left, shutting the door behind her.

"What's up?" I asked with concern.

"Kellin, I can't. I only have a few weeks. I don't want you to get that close to me, and then just leave." He blurted.

"No. No. We're gonna find your body. You just... you can't leave." I choked on my words as I spoke and tears stung that backs of my eyes.

"Please don't cry. You're too perfect to cry." Vic told me, cupping my jaw.

"YOU'RE TOO PERFECT TO LEAVE, VIC!" I screamed at him. He looked like I had just slapped him.

There was an awkward silence before my phone rang. It was Gabe. I picked up.

"Hello?"

"I know how to get Vic's body back." Gabe told us.

{Author's Note: Don't you guys just loooove cliffhangers?}