Chapter Fourty-Two

A/N I'm sorry I've been stalling on posting this chapter.

His presence startles me and I stare at his grinning figure for a moment, convincing myself I'm hallucinating.

He gives me an expectant look before I throw my headphones on to the bed and stand up. I can't even form words and he laughs.

Luke wiggles his eyebrows and holds up a piece of paper, the paper I wrote the address on.

"I found this when I broke into your empty house." He says and it's my turn to laugh. "I couldn't just let you go like that without trying to find you, right?"

I feel tears, happy tears, form in my eyes. He actually came.

"You left this, I figured you'd want it." He tosses me the tape I left sitting on my bed.

I don't even catch it, I just let it fall on to the bed.

"Are you mute now?" He raises a playful eyebrow and I shake my head before saying "Just happy."

I walk to him and wrap my arms around his neck. I never knew I could find so much comfort in one person.

He buries his face into my neck and we stand like this for what feels like forever before he pulls away.

He grabs both my shoulders and asks "Are you ready?"

"Ready?" What?

He smiles, "You think I drove all this way to come say hi? You're coming back with me."

My mouth falls open.

"I can't just leave. What about my stuff? My parents will freak out. And Harry? Where are we going to go?" I have so many questions and he seems so calm and confident.

He wraps an arm around my waist and I stop talking.

"You can do what you want, Ash. You're your own person," he pauses, "and do you really want to stay with parents who won't accept you? I promise I'll make sure you see Harry as much as you want, they can't keep him away from you."

I bite my lip.

"Come stay with me." He kisses me and his lips are all the convincing I need. "You can wear my clothes, what else do you really need?" His sarcasm is refreshing.

I let out a breath and smile. "Okay."

"Okay?" His smile grows. I laugh and repeat "Okay. Let's go."

He surprises me by quickly pressing his lips to mine, kissing me deep through his laughter.

"We need to go before my family gets back."

Luke grabs my hand and we start for the door running down the stairs. I must be insane. The thought alone makes me want to do it even more. To finally do something for me, not to live how I'm expected to live but live how I want to.

"Wait." I say once we reach his bike, "I forgot something."

He starts his motorcycle and gets on then nods back at the house, his smile never faltering. I run back inside.

I grab the bible off my bed and laugh at myself and what I'm doing.

The engine is loud in my ears as Luke pulls out of the yard and onto the road.
I hold tight to him and my bible on the back of his motorcycle.

THE END.

A/N I'm not crying my eyes are just sensitive to lashton. Well guys, I love you all so so much and thank you guys soooo much for all the support while writing this. Please be on the look out for my new fic More Than A Memory and another one I'll be posting after that. You guys make my days better and I couldn't be more thankful.