Chapter Ten

His body is so close to mine that any sudden movements will bring us together.

"No I didn't." I state. I didn't like it. It wasn't enjoyable, in fact, it was strange and foreign. It almost got me in trouble.

That awful thing around his mouth wiggles as his tongue plays with the metal.

He laughs a sinister laugh and says "You didn't like me moaning your name?"

He becomes less serious and I'm thrown back into reality, my attention being taken from the closeness of Luke and I.

In an instant he goes from almost vulnerable to basically terrifying.

I don't even respond before he starts speaking again in a sarcastic tone "Oh, Ashton." His head falls back and his eyes close in a pleased manor.

His long neck is stretched out before me and I close my eyes, I don't want these thoughts in my head.

"Oh, oh." He looks at me and laughs loudly and I flinch.

My eyes still closed, he steps back towards me and we're closer than before.

Our feet are touching and I'm frozen.

"Open your eyes." He whispers.

I do as I'm told without thinking about it. I'm met with blue eyes inches from mine, staring down at me, I feel as if I'm three inches tall.

"Tell me the truth." He commands.

Leaves dance past us on the ground and I swallow my words.

"I liked it." I breathe.

He smirks. To my surprise, he holds my chin between his thumb and finger, tilting my head to meet his.

"I can show you other things you'd like." Each word is dragged out and exaggerated.

I shake my head and push him lightly on the chest, he stumbles backwards a step but immediately grabs my forearm for balance.

"Why are you so afraid of things that will feel good?" He asks and I hold my breath, it's the only question he's ever asked me that actually came across as a question.

"Because it's sin."

His eyes flicker from my mouth to my eyes. "We're all sinners anyway."

Adam and Eve created sin when they disobeyed God to feel more powerful, they wanted to be wiser, stronger, smarter than God who is the most powerful being to exist.

For a moment, I see God in Luke.

I taste the devil when he crashes his lips against mine.