The Hands That Hurt Us- Part 5

Jungkook woke up the next morning and realized he had slept through his alarm, as he was woken up by all of his hyungs shuffling around the dorm getting ready. He looked over to Taehyung's bed, which was unoccupied. Taehyung had snuck out leaving the maknae undisturbed as well. He sat up and felt the pain course through the bottom of his foot, so he reached over for his pain relief cream and applied it to both his wrist and the bottom of his foot. Upon inspection, the cut on his foot had cleared up well but there was still a long line of a black bruise from the wooden stick his manager had beat him with.

Oh right, my manager. Who I have to see today, again. Ugh.

He let out a long groan before sluggishly crawling out of bed and heading out into the hallway. Hobi walked past him and gave him a small pat on the back. "Oh good, you're up. Grab something quick to eat we have to go soon," he smiled and continued on his way.

Jungkook dragged his feet into the kitchen to be greeted by muffins that Jimin and Taehyung had made, they looked appetizing but he wasn't feeling all that hungry. He actually was never all that hungry anymore. Nerves were always eating away at him.

"Why didn't anybody wake me up?" Jungkook asked his hyungs.

Yoongi walked by to grab some orange juice. "Figured we'd let you sleep in a little."

"Thanks," the maknae mumbled. He hated being late and as grateful as he was he got the extra sleep, now having to rush to get ready added to his anxiety. What if he made them all late and manager Shik was upset? What if his manager decided to beat every single one of them for it? That thought alone sent Jungkook rushing back into his room to get ready as quickly as possible, not even five minutes later he was good to go.

The members arrived to a filming set not too far from their HYBE building, today their schedule was pretty light. They had to film some pre-recorded live performances that would air on a U.S TV station in a few weeks, but the schedule was only until about 1:30 and then they had the rest of the day off.

Once they got inside everyone immediately went to hair and makeup to get ready. Jungkook was glad to see that not only were they all on time, but their manager hadn't arrived yet. The less time he was in the same room as that man the better. They were done with their hair and makeup and were sitting on couches hanging out when manager Shik walked in. Everyone got to their feet and bowed to greet him, even Jungkook. Right after he greeted him he tried to make himself invisible by standing behind Namjoon, and he kept his head low.

"So today is live performances for ON and Black Swan, how do you all feel about it?" Manager Shik asked.

"Good, I'd say we've all performed them live plenty of times and practiced them enough. The members all have the choreography down perfectly, "Hobi smiled, taking pride in his dance leader skills. The rest of the members smiled too, but Jungkook kept his gaze at the floor. He didn't even realize he had his hand halfway up his shirt and was scratching at his stomach to calm his nerves until Jin grabbed his arm and pulled it down. "Why are you scratching? Do you need lotion or something?" his eldest hyung asked.

"No," he whispered.

"Jungkook," Manager Shik started.

"Hmm?" He replied as he slowly made his way out from behind Namjoon.

"You have to take that off for the recordings, we can't have you in that on TV." Shik pointed to the wrist brace he had on.

"But I, uh..." He looked at his manager and saw the evil flash behind his eyes. "Okay," he replied. He was not about to disrespect that man in the slightest.

He started to take it off but Namjoon stopped him. "Um manager Shik, sir, he has to keep that on though while his wrist heals. It's not completely healed yet. Can't you just CGI it out in editing or something?"