chapter 26

We sit in that annoyingly humid room for a whole while without either of us saying a word.
In intervals of about 5 minutes over a span of at least half an hour, I keep hearing Katsuki across the room breaking into worrying coughing fits.

"Why do you keep coughing?"
I ask, not sure of what to say.

"I'm fine. It's just a cold"

"Hm"

"Fuck. I wanna get out of here"
He says, really annoyed.
He walks over to me and starts violently banging on the door.

"Open the door!"
He yells and starts banging against it.

"No!"
I hear from outside.

"No!? The fuck is you problem!?"
He says, his voice sounding a little off.

"I'll fucking kill y- oh"
He ends in a mumble and just collapses on the spot.

"Bakugou?"
I ask with a half angry, half worried frown. But he doesn't react.

"Katsuki!"
I yell and crawl over to him, carefully touching his face. It's hot. I get that he'd be hot in a room like this but this is...

"Hey, Katsuki! Open your eyes! This isn't funny! Can you hear me?"
I ask, hoping he's just doing this so the others open the door from the outside.
I put him head on my lap and slap him, but he doesn't even flinch.

"Fuck!"
I curse, running my hand through my hair, to keep it out of my face.
I lean down and bump my forehead against his, a crazy heat emminating from his body. He even smells sick. Like when you're sick and don't air out your room.

Finally the door slowly opens with Mina poking her head in.
I glare at her, then carefully put Katsuki's head down, just to lift him up and onto my back. He's pretty heavy since he's taller than me, but it's not like I don't have any muscles, so I manage to carry him. I ignore the questions the others ask me as I push past them.
For some reason, I feel guilty. He told me he wasn't feeling good earlier and I still acted like an ass.

Crap
Don't start crying!
Now's really not the time.

I finally reach the nurse's office, where I burst in through the door.

"Oh hello. Wha- Oh. Come, come. Put him down over here"
She says, pointing at one of the beds. I sit down on it and let go of the unconscious boy of my back, then carefully put him down.

"What happened?''
The nurse asks.

"He just collapsed"
I say panting.

"Oh boy."
She mumbles.
"How about you sit down a little?"

I do as she says and after taking his temperature she turns back to me.
"It's going to be okay. It looks like has a fever. A pretty high one, but nothing a few days of rest and some medication can't fix"

"Mhm"
I nod.

She hands me a little bottle of pills.
"This is to alleviate the fever. The rest of he's going to have to do himself. Tell him to come back here in two days for a check up. And please make sure he actually does. It's Bakugou after all."

"Kay"
I mumble.

"That boy....that ignorant little boy. I told him to take it slow earlier today."
She adds, talking to herself than me.

"Anyway. I have a conference. Would you mind watching over him and taking him back to the dorms when he wakes up?"

"Of course"
I answer with a smile.

"Good. Thank you. Take care you two"
She says and leaves the room, leaving ne alone with Katsuki.

I trott over to the bed and look down at his red face, on which small droplets of sweat are forming.
After pulling over a chair, I sit next to the bed. I stare at his hand for a little, then grab it, holding it tightly.