22

"Todoroki. Please go to the principals' office."
My teacher pops into the classroom just as we're about to leave.

"The hell?"
Katsuki mumbles.

"No idea"
I say, looking back at him just as confused.

"It's urgent"
My teacher adds.

"Oh. Right"
I get up and Katsuki takes my bag for me.
I glance at him for a last time.
He mouthes 'call me' and I nod.

I walk down the halls, buzzing with students and stop infront of the office, my arm raised, I'm about to knock on the door. That's when a feeling of regret washes over me, making me feel nauseous. The incredible feeling of doom, looming over me, making my legs feel like jello and a persistent feeling telling me, that whatever awaits me in this room, will kill me.

Crap
I know exactly who it is.

A few days ago, Katsuki gave me one of his bracelets. He's a big fan of all kinds of jewelry as long as it meets his standards of cool. And I have to say, that bracelet really is cool. He said it looks plain, since it's basically just a silver chain, but I still like it. Especially because I often see him wear it, of course I kept that little detail to myself.

Right now, I'm gripping this very bracelet so tight, to the point of almost ripping it apart.

I take a deep breath in and kiss the bracelet, then knock on the door.

~~
~A week ago~

"Can I ask you something?"
I ask Katsuki and put my book down.
He's sitting in between my legs, his head leaned against my chest while he's busy playing a video game.

"Go ahead"
He mumbles.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I'm fully capable of multitasking, my love"

"Okay then.... So... I know you don't want me to do it, but what if I end up in a situation, I have no other choice but to train with my father? Hypothetically I mean."

"First of all, don't. Second of all, if that situation were to occur...hypothetically..."
He starts hitting the buttons of the controller even violently and faster, as he is currently playing a pvp fighting game.
"...dodge, dodge, dodge, until you are able to move into his blindspot, then give it your all"

"I doubt think that'll work against my father"

"You said he always rants about not fighting at his full power, right? Then it should work. If it doesn't, you'll know he's lying"

"But I've already tried that. It didn't work at all"

"Then improve your speed. Or learn to somehow slow down your opponent. Only hypothetically though"

"Sure"
I say and he goes back to playing the game.

~~

I can do this.

I stand before an angry looking man, glaring at me.

"Shall we start?"
He asks and I nod, getting into a fighting stance.
I take a deep breath and imagine my boyfriend next to me, who looking at me with a cocky smirk, betting he'll do better than me.

I wait for the first attack and dodge it.
To my surprise, the tactic Katsuki told me actually worked. And I was actually fast enough, so that I landed a punch with an ice covered fist, right between his shoulder blades, which knocks the air out of his lungs, sending him to the ground.
When I land on my feet, I let out a shaky breath. Panting, my eyes widen as I see my father rising up again, looking down at me.

"See? I did it!"
I say but he frowns even more, the smacks me.

"What? But I-"
I'm cut off by his hand over my mouth, the other grabbing onto my throat. He smashes me into the wall.

Why?
I thought this was what he wanted

I kick him, hitting him right in the chest, which I immediately regret, because his grip only continues to tighten. With one hand covering my mouth as well as nose and the other hand, squeezing my throat, I feel my energy draining and stop kicking, trying to reserve the bit of oxygen I have left.
When my vision starts to become blurry and my head starts spinning even more, I hear the faint ring of our doorbell.
My father directs his attention at the door, glaring at it angrily, just for the doorbell to echo through the house yet another time. He hesitates before letting me drop to the floor. As soon as he does, I break down in a coughing fit.

Finally

Just before stepping into the house, I sent Katsuki my location. So he could come pick me up or distract my father, just like he did right now.
I sit there for a couple of minutes, until I hear yelling and loud footsteps. Shakily, I get up and look at the door, inching closer to it. When it swings open, I finally see a comforting face.

"Baby I did it!"
I yell jump at him. He catches me and I put my legs around his waist as well as arms around his neck. I kiss him, but then quickly pull away and start coughing again, from not having caught my breath yet.

"Are you okay?"
Katsuki asks, turning my face and looking at the scratch on my cheek, I got from the slap.

"Holy shit!"
He calls out when he sees thre bruise forming on my neck.

"Katsuki! Listen to me!"
I say with a scratchy voice and grab his face.
"Baby I won"
I say with a grin.

"That's great"
He smiles back at me, moving his hand down, to hold me up.

"I'm so glad you arrived when you did. I don't think I would've survived without you"
I say and kiss him again.

"Cheer up~ you did something incredible. You stood up against him. I'm very proud of you, my love"

"Thank you so much. Thank you."
I put my head on his shoulder.

"Okay. I need you to let go of me, okay?"
He says and puts me down.

"Are we going back to the dorms?''
I ask and stand next to him.

"Yes. Come on."
He takes my hand and we walk past my father. His stare is focused on my hand, intertwined with Katsuki's.

"It was really nice to meet you."
Katsuki says and my father frowns
"See ya soon, pops"
He adds and pulls me after him, slamming the door shut.

"Did you just call my father pops?"
I ask and look back at the window next to the door, which my father is peering out of and at us.

"Yeah."
He says and pulls me into a kiss.

"K-katsuki?"
I ask as I pull away.

"We better leave"
He says and starts walking again.

"Yeah no shit. Katsuki, what did you do?"

"I'm here to pick you up. So I'm gonna. Let's go"
His expression is very serious and he suddenly just seems angry.
I smile at him, squeezing his hand.

I finally did it.
And eventhough he hated it, I was finally able to bring him down.

***
1183 words