13

Bakugou POV

"You're getting on my nerves! Shut up already!"

"Don't talk to me like that! I'm older than you!"
My cousin whines.

"So?"

"So I'm telling you, you shouldn't stare at your phone the whole time. I'm here to visit."

"You said it yourself. You're super old, so go and hang out with my mom"

"Fine fine"
She pats my head, then leaves.

I sit on my bed, my hands tightly clasping around my phone and my right index finger, constantly tapping on it, as I wait for Icyhot to reply to my text.
It's already 5pm and he still hasn't answered any of my texts since this morning.

"I have a bad feeling about this"
I mumble to myself.

Despite staring at my phone the whole time, I'm still surprised when it suddenly rings, snapping me back into reality.

"Mina?"
I ask confused as I answer the phone.

"Hey Babe...."
She answers, seeming distracted.
"Where are you?"

"At home"
I look around my room.

"Is this a bad time?"

"Just tell me why you called"
I growl, an annoyed frown forming on my face.

"You should check on your better half"
Mina says

"Is something wrong with Icyhot!?"
I quickly sit up.

"He's acting weird. He's been gone all day and just now got back. But he didn't even acknowledge our presence. He just went straight to your room without even saying hello."

"He did?"

"I'm worried. But I doubt he'll s-"
I hang up the phone, shoving it in my back pocket and grab my jacket.
I hear my mom yelling at me when I rush down the stairs, but I run over to the door, fiddling with the laces of my shoes.

"Where are you going?"
I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder.
I glance at my mother, a worried expression on her face.

"I gotta go. I'll make it up to you, I promise"
I hug her, giving her a swift kiss on her cheek, then storm out of the door.
As I sprint down the street, I feel the agonizing cold wind whipping around my face, hurting my eyes and freezing my nose. Blinded by the bright sun, I turn into a different street.

Finally, after running another 10 minutes of running, I reach the dorms, yanking open the door.

"Oh! Bakuba-"
I pass Mina, Kirishima and Sero.
Usually I'd greet them, not always happily, but still say hello or at least wave when I was in a hurry, but not this time.
My mind fixed on the boy that would be waiting in my room, I rush down the seemingly endless hallway, until I reach the stairs. I take two at a time, reaching the top in a matter of seconds. Finally, I reach my dorm, yanking open yet another door, just to be met with a wall of silence.
No crying,
no one talking,
no TV playing some kid's movie I last watched 10 years ago,
no one greeting me with an excited smile, telling me about what happened in the movie.
My room is... empty.

I flinch at a loud noise coming from the other side of the wall and jump away, then realize who's room that noise came from.
I pull my door shut, in the same motion opening the next door.
I take a step inside, the door clicking as it closes.
My eyes widen when I stare at the boy, standing in the middle of the room. His chest sinking and rising rapidly, blood having tinted his partially white hair red.
There's an angry expression on his face, one I've never seen before.
My eyes are directed at the wall he's facing and the dent in it, seemingly caused by a wooden box thrown against it.
My eyes now move down, eyeing the box and the different baldes scattered around it.
I clear my throat, making my presence noticeable. Icyhot's head snaps around, his angry expression is immediately replaced by one with tear filled eyes and a quivering lip.
He slowly turns around as I inch closer, then letting himself fall forward, just to be caught by me.
I gently put my arms around his frail, trembling body.

"I'm sorry"
He sobs
"I wasn't strong enough"

"It's okay"
I say, in as soft of a voice as possible.
"I'm here now. So you can cry"

"I'm sorry"
He says as I feel my shirt beginning to become damp from his tears.
I carefully pick him up, carrying back to my room, where I try lay him down onto my bed. This proves to be difficult since he's clinging to me. I sigh and lay down with him, taking off my jacket in the process.

We continue to lay in bed, him quietly crying while clinging to me, while I try to get a better look at his head injury, having decided on letting him cry himself out.
At some point, I'm not sure when but at least 30 minutes later, his crying turns into quiet whimpering and sniffling.

"Let me go, Icyhot. We need to take a look at your head"
I say, but he just cling to me even tighter.
With a sigh, I stand up, the shorter boy, clinging to me like a koala, with his arms wrapped around my neck and his legs around my waist.
I walk over to the shelf, taking out a first aid kit and a bunch of cooling ointments, then get wet rags from the bathroom and stagger back to my bed, sitting down, so he's on my lap, facing me.

"Okay Todoroki. Look at me"
I say and he slowly lifts his head.
I look at his puffy eyes, the dried tears on his face and his lip that he seems to have been biting this whole time. Be it out of pain or stress.
I carefully wipe the blood off his face and scalp, putting on wound strips, in order to prevent the wound on his head from opening up even more.

"Is there anything else?"
I ask.
He stays silent and proceeds to slowly take off his shirt, with my hands on his hip, helping him sit up straight.

Crap.
I know I shouldn't think this when he's hurt but...this is hot. Kind of.
I really wish this were a different setting.

I stare at the blue, almost black, bruises all over his upper body, as well as the cuts on his arms, that were not only sloppily patched up, but also clearly made by himself.

"I'm sorry"
He says again, his voice sore and scratchy from crying.
"I didn't want to but I still did it. Don't be mad at me"

"I AM mad, but I'm not gonna yell at you...yet. Let's save that for later, okay?"

He nods and I proceed to put the white strips on the cuts too, insuring the healing process to quicken and the scars not turning out to be too big.

"These won't come off that easily, so I need you to take a shower now"
I say and look up at him.

He sniffles and nods again, carefully getting up and staggering over to the bathroom.
He closes the door behind him and I listen to the shower being turned on.
I fall back onto my mattress, letting out a frustrated sigh, while doing my best, to hold back my I own tears. I turn around and let out a long, angry scream into my poor pillow.

This is way too fucking much for me!
I JUST realized my feelings for him and now I have to see him like THIS!? How is that fair!? How is that fair for him!? What the fuck did he do to deserve this!? And what the fuck even happened!?
He won't fucking talk to me no matter what I say or how many times I ask!

With yet another sigh, I push myself up from the bed and go over to my closet. I take out some comfortable sweatpants and one of my hoodies as well as a pair of Icyhot's boxers that I just now notice is a pretty weird thing for me to have in my closet.
I open the bathroom door a little, putting the clothes on the floor.

I close the door again, going back to my bed and continuing to listen to the soft sound of the running shower.

***
1400 words