CHAPTER 26: What Is Happening?!

MARA

Torture. Pain. Anger. Rage. Hatred. Flashbacks of pure horror.

What I believed to be purely nightmares and nothing more, turns out to be flashbacks. Memories that I do not remember. I never could have been as cruel and have brought terror upon so many.

This was who I was. This was who I had been apparently all my life and everything else was just an illusion. I truly am no different than my biological father, Goldwin.

Everything I had believed I was so long ago, none of it was real. I was never that good of a person. My mother and Pete had lied to me and his me from my true potential.

I have come to learn that while being here at my real father's home for the past several days (as I had learned I was here for that amount of time, last night from one of his men) I realize that this is where I have belonged all along.

I feel stronger both mentally and physically than I ever have and discovered my new abilities that make me feel just how strong I really am.

Tonight was going to be interesting since I had learned a couple of days ago that Jericho is helping my father out and has been helping both him and Roman take down that pathetic family of Merrick's for a very long time. And despite the differences both Jericho and I had in the past, that's all behind us considering how now he has been showing me more respect than ever and I have to admit that I am more than pleased and satisfied to see it.

Turns out that Merrick's father is a disgrace and needs to be 'dealt with' soon before others get word and create a war.

Lies, lies and more lies. That is all that I have been finding out throughout these past several days at my father's house. I can't believe I was never allowed to meet him.

While making my way downstairs towards the office where my father was, I noticed Jericho playing cards with some of the guys in his pack and he winked at me with a mischievous smirk. Ugh, he makes my stomach turn and still a bit agitated by just looking at him.

I try to ignore him but he whistles at me and I snap my head to look at him before using my new abilities where I can cause someone to see gruesome and painful images in what could happen to them and immediately he stopped and went back to the game frustrated.

After speaking with my father and him informing me that the Alpha Games have been post-poned recently due to new information and issues that have arised recently, I couldn't help myself but be disappointed. I was really looking forward to a good fight and my first Alpha Game ever.

Well, since THAT was out of the question, I guess I would just grab a snack and head up to my room to listen to music to kill some time before dinner tonight, in a few hours,  with Roman and a few of his and my father's friends coming over to discuss a few plans.

While going through a playlist, I couldn't help but smell a different wolf's scent that was vaguely familiar to me but I couldn't understand as to why it did. Either way, I needed to find out who the hell had enough balls to sneak into MY bedroom and how they even got passed the guards surrounding this place.

It didn't take long before I suddenly felt somebody quickly turned me around and harshly pinned me up against the wall, covering my mouth with their hand, making it difficult for me to scream.

The man staring back at me had beautiful eyes, I'll give him that but otherwise, this man is a deadman. At least that is what I thought until the deeper I looked into his eyes, I had started to realize I wasn't able to work my ability on him or anything and felt my entire body become heavy to where I couldn't fight back.

How was that possible even though?!? How could somebody ever have that kind of a capability on me?!?

"Mara. I know Goldwin has drugged you and replaced any memories you had as a child, with horrific ones. But I can help you remember. You and I are mates and everything he has been telling you are lies. He has manipulated you and is holding your other memories imprisoned so that he could replace them with what he wants you to see.  Please, trust me. I know you're in there somewhere and you're going to have to fight it." He started to explain.

Thankfully I was able to feel myself become quickly stronger and telepathically began causing pain inside of his head, forcing him to push off the wall and grab hold of his head as I continued.

"You have some nerve coming into here telling me such lies. I know who you are and have recently learned about you and your pathetic family. You have no idea what you are all in for." I began to warn him.

I don't know who this person is but whoever it is, he has trespassed onto the wrong territory and will have to pay.

Suddenly I am snapped out of the painful trance I have been causing this Merrick guy, thanks to Jericho coming in from hearing this man's scream of pain.

"I thought I recognized that scream." Jericho grinned in a sinister way before looking at me and followed behind him seconds later, were a few men who ran inside and grabbed Merrick off the floor then instantly injected something into the side of his neck and causing Merrick to pass out to help make it easier to transport him down to the basement.

"Good girl." Jericho commented.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)