CHAPTER 19: WTF?!?

MERRICK

Though it took a lot of effort on all our parts to be sure we had more than enough to agree to the treaties, as well as have our backs when confronting the councilmen with the evidence we have collected, I am beginning not to fear so much about the situation.

I have been training harder than ever to prepare myself for the Alpha Games that are coming up soon - my whole life actually, but more than ever since I arrived here, I was ready to finally enjoy some quiet time with Mara.

She seems to become more depressed every day that passes by because she still hasn't heard from her parents.

My parents had reassured me and Mara the other night that her parents are fine but, I understand why Mara feels the way she does. I don't blame her.

We all were busy throughout the entire day and I had just finished talking with my pack, where we decided we wanted to start growing more and expand broader, then had them get the word out for wolves wanting to try showing what they got, tomorrow.

I needed to begin this process and hopefully good ones will show up. And I also expect any Omega's to not be as strong but still, they would need to pull their weight, despite being the lowest rank in the pack.

Tonight, I wanted to have some alone time with Mara and hopefully do something to help get her mind off her parents and mine off these new responsibilities I have been handed recently.

We ended up catching a movie and had dinner at a nice and fancy restaurant close by and seemed to have a great time. We both were even laughing on our way into the house upon returning.

The moment we opened the door and stepped inside, the laughter and smiles went away for a brief moment.

Mara and I had both stopped the minute we saw both my parents and Mara's sitting across from each other, talking.

"Mom? Dad?" I hear Mara say and then let go of my hand to run up and all three of them hugging each other tightly.

This was great! Perfect night! Now Mara could officially not have to worry about them any more.

We all sat down in the living room and talked.

"So, where have you both been? Why haven't you responded to my mind links?" Mara asks them.

"We were some place that was too much of a risk in trying to mind link you at." Mara's mom tells her.

"Like where?" I asked.

"It's not important at this moment. We'll tell you later but for now, we have stopped by because we wanted to of course see you but, also to warn you about what is coming." Her mom states.

The look upon both of my parents face were indescribable. Judging by their faces and the worry in her mother's voice made me start to grow concerned.

"W-what do you mean?" Mara asks.

"Your father and I have been trying to collect evidence against the council from other witnesses and such. For the past few weeks though, we have been trying to keep track of....." Her mother then stops and cries into her hands.

Her husband begins rubbing her back.

"Mom?" Mara asks with tears in her eyes. "What is it?" She gets up and kneels down in front of her mom and as she holds her hands in hers, she has her look at her.

"Please forgive me." She cries to Mara.

"What are you talking about?" Mara asks crying a little more now.

"Your real father, he's......he's found you. He has recently, well, for the last few years, has been gathering a bunch wolves to come and kill everybody here, then take you away." Mara's mother cries out more.

Mara looks at her mom while sitting back onto the floor looking completely shocked.
I don't know what to say or do right now. Should I embrace her in my arms? Do I give her a moment?

"I don't understand. He's....." Mara starts referring to her dad, or stepdad, I guess now, pointing at him.

It seems like Mara's mother can't speak at the moment since she is crying hard.

"Can I please have a moment with my mother?" Mara asks while standing up.

"Of course." My mother replied with a smile then gestured for the rest of us to follow into the other room.

So I gave Mara a kiss and mind - linked her to be sure and hear her mother out. Since I could tell she was getting agitated.

While Mara was being told the story and talking things out with her mother, my parents were explaining to me everything Mara was finding out at the same time in the other room.

I couldn't believe what I had heard. I was feeling a merge of all these different emotions that I couldn't pick just one to feel. However, the feeling I felt most was, the urge to run into the other room and hold Mara in my arms and to know that I will make sure to do everything in my power to keep her safe.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Hey guys, sorry that it took me a while to post this chapter and know I was supposed to post it yesterday, but wifi sucked booty. Sooo, here it is and as a sincere apology, I will post later on today (Wednesday) another chapter. :);) Love you all!