CHAPTER 17: Unknown

"I can't believe this is happening!" I stated to my good friend. 

"Calm down. There is nothing worth getting upset over. I can handle everything." My friend grinned in his usual mischievous grin. 

"Like before? So much is happening, no thanks to you! Besides, whatever happened to the guarantee that Merrick would remain always locked up in confinement?! Huh? What about that?!" I demanded a response. 

He glares at me for a few moments before taking one last long drag from his cigarette before putting it out on my floor. 

"Need I remind you who exactly is working for WHO here?!" He began. 

"Oh I know. But I'm sure as hell not getting what I signed up for." I stated. 

"Who do you think helped you get you to where you are right now? Your name? Now you listen to me, good, and make sure you understand, shit happens sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's the end. Not to mention the fact that the job isn't over yet. We still have these so-called 'Alpha Games' returning and that is where I plan to follow through with our plan. If you want out of the deal now, fine, then do so. But remember, there are no refunds, and believe me when I tell you that you could very easily lose the most important thing to you if ever you should try and threaten me or even question my actions. I choose when to take action and that's that. Do you understand?" He finished. 

"I understand. Just make sure it never gets traced back to me." I firmly warn him.

"Good." He smiles and kicks back a little. "Now we can have a drink between good old friends." 

I am starting to regret a bit as to who I have chosen to do business with but I have known him for centuries and he is right that he helped me get to where I'm at today but still, that doesn't mean I have to agree to EVERYTHING he is adding to the already made up plans we created a couple of years ago. 

I have worked too damn hard to get where I am at today and where I plan to get to in the future. Things are going to change and there's nothing anybody can do about it neither. Not even Merrick. 

Merrick should have learned many years ago to never cross me and he did. So when he did and nearly tainted my family name, there was nothing I could do but to be sure he remained in confinement. However, the moment I got word he was out, I knew I couldn't allow that to happen. I've worked too damn long and too damn hard to have him and his family destroy my family's legacy and name. They will all pay for what they had done. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :) 

Sorry for the short chapter, it's an added 'mystery character chapter', or so I call them. lol. I wonder who these gentlemen are that are talking? Does anyone have ideas? Anyways, because this was so short, have no fear, a bit longer of a chapter will be posted here in several minutes. :) ;)