CHAPTER 24: WTF?!?

MARA

When I woke up this morning and reached over on the bed beside me that Merrick wasn't there. I tried to mindlink him and ask where he went off to and he briefly told me that he would be back in a few hours and was going with his father to some place and would see me soon and that he loved me.

I told him I loved him too then got up and ready for the day before heading downstairs to join everybody, but it looked like nobody was home.

I saw there was a note however, that was left by his mother telling me she would return in a little while as her and her wolf went out for a nice early run and the rest of the pack all were out exploring the territory some more to get more familiarized with it and would also return shortly.

I felt a bit weird being in this big house by myself but yet I knew there was good security around here so I made something to eat before plopping myself down onto the sofa and watched some TV.

Not even a few minutes after beginning to watch a show, did I hear a noise coming from the end of the hallway near the rooms that the pack all slept in.

I muted the TV for a brief moment and called out to see who was there since I couldn't smell a scent or nothing. Nobody answered and right as I started to invite the TV, I heard a loud thump and began to feel afraid.

"Somebody is in the house. It's a stranger. I can feel it." My wolf tells me. "Quick, leave the house and mindlink...." Before my wolf was ae to finish her sentence, she stopped suddenly and I didn't hear from her after that.

My head suddenly began to hurt and throb and within every second the pain intensified. I held my head in both my hands and started to scream out in pain.

The next thing I noticed when trying to look around me, I saw several figures standing at a stance, just a few feet away from me after coming out from the hallway. Instantly, I recognized who was in front of them.

"Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. So pathetic." I heard Jericho say.

"W-why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Because Sweetheart, you made it so easy." He says.

My eyesight was rapidly becoming blurry by the second as I heard him continue.

"Now, in a few seconds, you'll pass out but don't worry, by the time you wake up again, you'll see someone who has been waiting a very long time to see you." He grinned and sure enough, just as he said, seconds later, everything went black........

                         <<<<<>>>>>

Slowly as I began to open my eyes, I felt as though my eyelids were too heavy to open but after blinking several times and rubbing my eyes to adjust my eyesight and once they became fully opened, I noticed an middle -aged man sitting across a nice mahogany desk with a big grin on his face.

My head still was hurting but not nearly as bad as moments ago. Then once I began taking a look around me, I noticed several other men standing around looking at me.

"W-where am I?" I asked.

"You're home." The man sitting across from me stated.

"Home?" I asked confused as I was still trying to wake up and grasp what was happening.

"Yes. My sweet daughter, I have finally found you and brought you home. Your real home." The man smiled.

I wasn't sure I heard him correctly. Did he just say that he was my father?!?

"No. You're not my father. Pete..." I began to state but he instantly grew a look upon his face of disgust and anger.

"Don't you say his name." He firmly says.

"Well he is! I know all about you and I refuse to EVER accept you as my father. No real father would do what he did." I smirked in satisfaction.

He takes in a deep breath then let's it out before saying another word and walking over to the front of the desk and sits on the edge of it.

"You have your mother's stubborn mouth. But also it is very very foolish of you to speak to me in such a manner. Then again, your mother never did have any manners." He glares.

I tried to get up and hit him for that remark but right away one of his men pushed me back down into the chair and continued holding me down.

"I swear that I will....." I started but he stops  me immediately.

"Let's stop the bullshit shall we? We can go round and round with these antics but I promise that in the end, I will win. I never lose, Mara.  Now, to get down to business. I want you to know that as of this moment, there's going to be a few guests tonight that will be joining us and I expect you to be present and to cooperate. And before you say another word, just remember, I am not a patient man and I don't give second chances.  So do yourself a favor AND your pathetic Alpha and his pack all a favor as well.....do as you're told and don't fight, it'll only make things far worse for you in the end." He threatens.

Before I was able to say or do anything else, that's when I felt something sharp hit me in the side of my neck and within seconds my vision went from being blurry to nothing but darkness.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)