The Time Left

Hey guys only a few more chapters to go. I updated two chapters btw.❤ Also we have a new cover.

Louis stumbled into the room and I placed my shaking hand on my mouth.

"What happened?" He asked and my eyes welled up with tears.

"Will you tell him? Or should I?" Doctor Gilbert asked with one of her eyebrows raised at me.

"It was nothing, Louis. I just got a little nauseas." I explained to him and he let out a breath of relief.

"And you're okay, now?" He asked and I nodded. It's funny that he hasn't figured out what I was hiding from him.

He's the most powerful man I know and yet he hasn't used his power to find out my secret.

"You should go home and rest. They're discharging me tomorrow. Apparently somebody has hired a nurse for me." I said while looking at him with one eyebrow lifted. Doctor Gilbert quietly left the room.

"This isn't your scenery, dolcezza. You should be home with me." He said and I smiled while looking into his eyes.

"Wait do you mean-"

"Yes, I want you to move in with me." He said and my mouth opened by itself. Am I hearing this correctly?

"Are you sure?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah." He said briefly.

This is such a big step in our relationship. Did he really just ask me to move in with him? I looked at him in disbelief before I placed kisses along his jawline.

"I'd love to." I said with a small smile on my face. Louis's phone suddenly started ringing and I told him that it was okay to answer the call.

The call lasted for about a minute before he hung up.

"I have to go." Louis said and I pouted with closed eyes before I felt his lips crashing against mine. I kept my eyes shut and indulged myself in the feeling of our tongues colliding.

"I love you." He said and I smiled softly.

"I love you too, daddy." I said and he laughed out loud. His laughter sounds so angelic and perfect. Maybe it's because he doesn't laugh much, or maybe it's because that's exactly what he is. An angel in human form,

Or to me he is at least.

He placed one last kiss on my lips before disappearing from my room.

As soon as he left I made my way to the bathroom and threw up for the umpteenth time. I tiredly went back to my room and laid on my back.

I placed my hands on my stomach and listened to the silence surrounding me.

I'm so lucky to be alive. The fact that I'm still breathing is surreal. I should've died along time ago. My dad- he shouldn't have killed Jaelynne, he should've killed me instead. She deserved to live more than I did.

I sucked in a deep breath before I continued my mind racing. I feel extremely fatigued lately.

I heard a knock on my door which caused me to frown deeply. It's the middle of the night who could it be.

"Come in." I said with a sore throat. The door opened and revealed Vincenzo.

He smiled when our eyes met. He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug, a single tear rolled down my cheek as he rubbed my back.

"Oh, sweety." He said when he pulled back so I wiped my wet cheeks dry. "What did they do to you?" He asked and I shook my head at him. "It's okay you don't have to tell me now." He said quickly and I breathed out in relief.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I barely nodded.

"You?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Just worried about you. I had no idea, Joan." He said softly, his eyes brimmed with tears which broke my heart. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He apologised.

"It's not your fault. I don't blame you, Vee." I said before rubbing his arm.

"Don't ever scare me like that again, kid." He said and I smiled with blurry eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked Vincenzo who frowned slightly.

"Sure what is it?" He asked and I looked down at my fiddling thumbs.

"It's about-"

"Joan why aren't you aslee-" Doctor Gilbert started but stopped when she saw Vincenzo. "You." She said with wide eyes. "Why are you here?" She asked him and I frowned at her.

"I'm her father." He said and her eyes widened even more.

"But how?" She asked more to herself than to us. "You were-"

"Just about to leave." Vincenzo cut her off. "I'll see you tomorrow, sweety. Look after her, okay?" He told the doctor who just stared at him.

He left my room and I frowned at her.

"What was that?" I asked and she shook her head at me.

"Nothing, I thought he was someone else." She said before checking my vitals for the last time. "Get some rest." She said before exiting my room.

I decided not to dwell on what had happened so I turned onto my side and fell asleep that way.

The next morning I woke up and drank two white tablets, I guess it's painkillers. I got up and took a shower.

I pulled on one of the outfits that Dom packed for me and went back into my room. Doctor Gilbert entered the room after me.

"We need to talk." She said pointedly and I ignored her. "Joan, you can't just act as if this is just going to disappear." She said softly.

"Just stop." I replied briefly.

"You have cancer, Joan." She said gently.

"I know what I have!" I said loudly. "And there's nothing that I can do about it." I continued with a shaky voice. "I'm dying and there's nothing that any of us can do about it." I said as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Joan, I'm sorry. But you have to tell the people closest to you. You don't have much time left." She said and I cried even more.

"I can't." I cried before sitting on my bed.

"Yes you can, Joan." She said so I shook my head.

"I'm not saying that it's okay for it to happen to you, but the sooner you accept that this is happening to you-"

"Could you just give me a moment?" I asked and she nodded hesitantly before leaving my room.

When she was gone I fell apart. All of my walls came tumbling down. I screamed and sobbed loudly into my pillow.

I've never complained about anything in my life. I've always accepted everything as it was, but I can't accept this.

Why me? Why now that I'm finally happy and with somebody that I would spend an eternity with?

This isn't fair, this should be against the rules of the universe.

Don't forget to vote and comment.❤