The Message

Please vote and comment. ❤

My eyes fluttered open and I found Mr Valentino hovering over me, is this another dream? I frowned at his worried expression.

I sat upright and held my throbbing head in my hand. What the hell?

"Could you at least watch where you're going?" Mr Valentino asked rudely and I felt everyone else's eyes on me like cheap perfume.

"Come on sweety. Oh, and Parker fuck you for being a dick and a sandwich thief." Dom hissed out before helping me up from the floor.

"I'm sorry, Joan. I wasn't looking where I was going." Parker apologised but Dom held a perfectly manicured hand in his face.

"Boy! Child! Don't even." Dom said, with a twitching eye, before we exited the room. What the hell just happened to me?

"You should go home and rest, 'cause we finna party tonight," Dom said seriously and I scrunched my face up.

"What the fuck just happened?" 

"Parker practically ran into you. They were playing pistol tag." He explained to me and I frowned.

"Was the guns loaded?" I asked in shock and Dom scoffed.

"Yes, and that asshole had the audacity to tell you that you should watch where you're going. Ugh... men..." Dom let out a breath of irritation.

"Shit do we have any painkillers at home?" I asked ignoring everything else he said.

"Yeah, in my bathroom."

"Thanks. Well, I should get going. This is exactly why I don't go to office parties because I get run over by idiots or I get dumped in front of everyone." That last part happened too. But that was a few years back when I was dating Stephen.

"I remember. And then I punched him in the face." Dom said with a satisfied smile.

"One of the reasons why I love you," I said before pecking his cheek and walking down the hallway.

I went into my office and grabbed my bag, I took my phone out of the charger and noticed that I received a text message from an unknown number.

"Meet me at Gallows tonight at eight.
-VM"

If that isn't short for Vincenzo Martinez then I'm lost. I can't ditch Dom and Matt again. What am I supposed to do now?

I'm gonna get bad karma for betraying my boss, my best friend, and his boyfriend. I'm such a bitch. I decided to delete the message from my phone before going outside.

Mr. Valentino stopped me in the corridor, his hair was disheveled which only made him look more dangerously sexy, I gulped before I averted my eyes from the sex god in front of me.

"Gibbs, did you hear what I just said?" He asked angrily and I woke from my trance.

"I'm sorry what was that?" I asked with wide eyes. How hard did I hit my head?

"Could you explain to me why Vincenzo isn't dead yet?" He roared into my face. "Do you think I'm fucking stupid?" Mr Valentino angrily asked me.

"No sir, the mission was compromised he did a background check on me," I explained and Mr Valentino smiled at me in disbelief making his deep dimple visible.

"What did you tell him, Gibbs?" He asked in a dangerously low tone.

"Nothing, I spilled my drink on my dress then I told him I had to go to the bathroom I escaped that way." I lied through my teeth.

"If you're fucking with me right now." He seethed through his teeth. "You'll fucking regret it for the rest of your life." Mr Valentino said while his hand was wrapped around my chin.

"I know," I answered in a shaky voice and he let go of my face.

He placed both of his hands on the wall behind me as he caged me in. He came dangerously close to me and I smelt his intoxicating cologne. His nose trailed down my neck and I sucked in a deep breath.

He brought his nose up to mine and his lips brushed against mine. I pulled back from him and escaped him.

I still have my dignity, this is the same man who called me a prostitute. So fuck him. I deserve way better.

"I have to go," I said softly and Mr Valentino pulled me back by my arm.

"Where?" 

"Home," I said before walking away from him. Luckily he didn't say anything else, I unlocked Dom's car with my spare key and slipped into the driver's seat.

I drove home in perfect silence, apart from the pounding in my head. Shortly after I parked in front of my house.

I went inside and headed straight for Dom's bathroom, I searched his cabinet and finally found the painkillers I'd been looking for, thank God they contained codeine.

I noticed two bruises on my forehead which was probably caused by Parker. I gulped two pills down and headed downstairs.

I laid on my back and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I felt a cold finger tapping my shoulder so I groaned.

"Wake up bitch." I heard Dom's annoying voice.

"What do you want?" I whined lazily and he groaned out loud.

"For you to get ready," Dom said in an irritated tone.

"About that-"

"Don't tell me you're ditching me again." He said disappointedly.

"No, I just have to... Go meet my boyfriend but I'll be back at nine though." I promised and Dom nodded suspiciously.

"Okay cool. I guess I can relax then." He said with a small smile on his face.

"You know you're the best best friend anyone could ask for," I told him and he sheepishly smiled at me.

"Yes and?"

"Nothing, sometimes I just feel like I don't deserve you," I said softly.

"Booch, you know you're my bestie and nothing could ever change that. You deserve somebody who looks out for you, and I'll continue to be that bitch for you."

"Okay, I'm gonna go get ready now," I said while hugging him.

"But why can't I meet this mystery guy of yours?" Dom asked and I laughed nervously.

"Because," I said before heading upstairs.

"Fine be that way!" He yelled after me. I need to end this bloody lie.

I showered and pulled on a silky black jumpsuit paired with a pair of black red bottoms. I pulled my curly hair into a low ponytail at the back of my head.

I did light make-up but made sure to cover my hickeys with it and headed outside with my purse in hand. I greeted Dom before heading out into the cold. I closed my grey fur coat and drove down to Gallows.

I spotted Mr Martinez and made my way over to him. I slipped onto the barstool next to him and he smiled at me in acknowledgement.

"How are you doing kiddo?" He asked in a friendly tone and I shrugged.

"Alright, I guess, you?" I asked briefly and he tilted his head to the sides.

"Under the circumstances better." He answered and now I'm curious.

"Which circumstances?" I asked.

"People try to kill me and my family every day. And I think you know why." He said in a whisper and I nodded.

"Yes." I breathed out.