The Lack Of Remorse

Hey guys! I hope you have a blessed Sunday. Enjoy this chapter.❤❤

Mason and Tyler brought me here last night. It's dark and cold. I don't think I'll last long down here. I think they're keeping me in a basement or something.

I'm chained up and I have nowhere to go. I'm absolutely alone.

I pulled my legs towards my chest and rested my chin on my kneecaps. I started sobbing quietly as I accepted my fate.

Louis was right.

As long as I'm with him people are always going to try to kill me. But if my safety means I have to lose him then I'd rather let them kill me.

My head snapped up when I heard the door creaking open. I carefully watched the tall figure stalking towards me.

"Hello, Joan." I heard a familiar voice. I frowned before puzzling the pieces together. "Or should I say, Blanca?" He asked with sarcasm lacing his every word.

"Luciano?" I asked in confusion.

"Yes! That's the one. I thought it would've taken you longer." He said and I frowned even more.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked and he scoffed.

"You lied to me, Joan. You and that boyfriend of yours. Honestly you could've done better than him. I mean look at me." Luciano said and I've had enough.

"I never liked you. Everytime I was with you I was thinking about Louis Valentino. And all of the things that he would do to me." I said and his jaw clenched.

"I forgot you're a little prostitute." He spat at me.

"Ouch." I said in a blank tone. "Now you should ask yourself. Am I so pathetic that not even a prostitute would find me the slightest bit interesting?" I said and he groaned.

"Shut up!" He said and I inched backwards. "Say another word and you'll regret it." He threatened.

"You're pathetic. Let me go!" I yelled in his face and his large hand made contact with my cheek. My face went south along with my hair. I touched my throbbing cheek and found blood on my fingers.

"You have no idea what I can do to you. This is no place for a little girl like you." Luciano said slowly. "You're a lying, selfish little slut and I will make you suffer." He said bluntly.

"Go ahead." I said with a clenched jaw.

"How many men did you fool?" He asked and I avoided eye contact with him. "That's right, you've lost count." He said smugly.

"Fuck you!" I yelled at him and he snapped.

"Wrong answer." He said before he balled my hair into his fist. He dug his fingers into my collarbone and I cried out in pain. "I'm not gonna kill you." He said with some kind of remorse in his eyes. "Yet." He said and I felt a tear rolling down my cheek.

"Don't cry, it gives you wrinkles." He said smugly and I frowned at him.

"You're fucked up! And crazy. You fucking psychopath." I yelled at him.

"See that's exactly what I am, you're really good at reading people, Joan." He said before turning away from me. "You and I are gonna have some fun later. We'll see if you're any good at your job." He said in a low tone and my body stiffened.

"Au revoir." He said before exiting the room. I let out a deep breath and soon started sobbing. I tried catching my breath while my tears kept running. My hand rested on my throat.

"Breathe, Joan." I heard Parker saying from beside me. Great now I'm hallucinating. I started breathing in and out until I was calmer.

I tried prying the chains off of my wrists and ankles in a failed attempt. I rested my head against a cold wall and stared out in front of me.