The Last Breath

Enjoy this chapter guys.❤ I tried editing this, but it's not perfect... yet.👀

Remember I promised you guys that I would edit my book when I'm done writing it and publishing it.❤

"So tell me, Joan." Luciano's father, Mr Cruz said seriously. "Do you know why you're here?" He asked and I glared at him.

"Because you want revenge on Louis." I said tiredly.

"That's right, darling." He said before looking at me with narrowed eyes. "You don't remember me, do you?" He asked and I shook my head at him.

"Paris, 2017." He said slowly and my eyes widened.

"But how?" I asked in shock and he slowly walked around me.

"I was shot three times, you left me there to die." He said blankly and I gulped painfully. "Of all people a homeless man called for help." He said with a smile on his face. "It's truly fascinating." He said his facial expression never faltering.

"I get it okay. I've hurt a lot of people and I'm sorry. But I had no other choice. It was the only way that I could survive." I said apologetically.

"Lies." He seethed through his teeth. "You always have a choice. That's why I'm choosing to kill you. You'll have a slow and painful death." He explained bluntly and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Hi, Joan." Luciano's voice came when he entered the room. "Father." He said before nodding in his father's direction.

"Good morning son." He greeted back.

"Have some food." He said before handing me a plate. I haven't eaten in four days, so I'm starving at this point.

I opened the lid and found a turkey sandwich. Dom's favourite. Unfortunately I don't eat turkey and that's why Dom loves it so much. Because it's the one thing he doesn't have to share with anybody.

"No thank you." I replied softly and Luciano grabbed me by my neck.

"Eat it!" He roared into my face.

"I can't. I don't eat turkey." I said in fear and he let go of my neck.

"Luciano control yourself." His father said with a single eyebrow raised at him. "Eat up Joan. It's all you're gonna get." He said in a gentle tone.

"I can't." I cried. I know I sound ungrateful but it makes me throw up and I'm really not in the mood to spill my guts. I need all of my energy.

"Ungrateful little bitch." Luciano seethed through his teeth.

"Self centered dick." I said before looking to my left. He came storming towards me but his dad held him back.

He took a handful of the sandwich and forced it down my throat while strangling me. I felt the vomit pushing upwards in my throat so I pushed him away from me and threw up.

I wiped my mouth when I was done and started crying. Luciano's father rubbed my back and I immediately inched away from him.

"Ignore him." He said with a smile on his face. Wow the psycho gene really runs in the family.

"I'll get you something else to eat. Does chinese food sound good?" He asked and I barely nodded.

"Will you keep an eye on her?" He asked his son who nodded with a scowl on his face. As soon as his father left the room he kicked me in the stomach.

I cried out in pain while I held my stomach. He kept on kicking me in my abdominal area until I started tasting and coughing up blood.

He started walking towards the door but he turned back around and kicked me in the face. He went outside and closed the door behind him. I cried as I laid on the ground.