035 - ᴜɴʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀʙʟᴇ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

Akaza trailed after his assassin, eyeing her movements carefully. It wasn't often that the demon was left speechless, but that dinner...

It had taken a whole lot of inner strength to keep from snapping back at that witch of (Y/N)'s mother; he sure as hell had quite a few things to say to her. But the woman beside him had been just as deadly, had played her mother's game like two snakes darting at each other one at a time. Each word had been full of venom.

Their verbal sparring match had gone on whilst Akaza simply ate the food, that to him, had no taste whatsoever. That was—until her mother dropped that certain bomb of information.

It had startled the demon himself—and he felt, more than saw, the assassin stiffen from next to him, her chin lifting. Akaza couldn't bring himself to look at anyone but her, to read the emotions roaring within her.

It had taken him half a second to realize her 'headache' was more or less an excuse to get the hell out.

And so here they were.

(Y/N), whether or not she was aware that he was following her, sped down the hallways of her manor until reaching the main doors. Akaza didn't even flinch when she kicked them open, a loud bang following in suit.

She was calm with icy rage whilst storming out, ignoring the guards—who in turn, paid no heed to the woman who now resembled death incarnate.

Akaza knew that if she truly wanted to be alone, she would have asked him to leave. But she hadn't, and so he continued to trail her, following her throughout the night covered garden.

Exquisite and colourful plants surrounded them, catching the warm starlight from above.

"I hate her."

Akaza flicked his gaze back to the stormy gaze of (Y/N). She had paused to face him, her chest heaving with what he could only assume was rage.

The demon watched her—allowing her to figure out what she wanted. How she felt.

"After all my efforts—she still plays me like a damned fool," she hissed, shaking her head. The cloak she wore gently blew around her still-figure.

"I would say that you did some equal damage to her as well. The look on her face was priceless."

She only shook her head, turning her back to him. "It's not funny."