003 - ʟᴏss

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

"I'm not interested."

Akaza tilted his head with a close-lipped smile. "You haven't even heard what it is I am offering you, and yet you already deny it?"

"Yeah, that's right," I retorted, gathering my loose dagger from the grass in which I'd just got up from. "And if you don't mind, I'll be leaving now."

I'd had enough embarrassment for one day. I didn't want to make some idiotic deal with my stalker, nor did I feel like bantering any longer with him.

And more than anything, I just wanted to go to sleep.

He stood, silent, as I picked up my thrown about things, my insides still churning with embarrassment. Along with the deep slash in my leg and other bruises, I was in enough pain already.

The fire was dying, the flame getting smaller the same way my will to fight was. Soon enough, we'd both wink out.

A cool breeze filled the silence that took over, the wind whistling past my ears. I knew his eyes were still on me, and that they had been for the last few days.

But what I still had no idea of was why.

I'm sure it had to do with the deal, but he sure is stupid to think that I would accept anything from him after what he did. Even if my curiosity was still taking up a good amount of my thoughts.

After gathering my things, I began to walk away without another word. The moon was high, the darkness in the area now absolute.

I didn't hear his footsteps, but I could still tell he was trailing me.

"Are you sure you don't want to hear? I think you'll find it to your advantage, you know," he said, coming to walk beside me in a simple stroll. As if the two of us hadn't just been at each other's throats a few minutes ago.

I let out a breathy laugh. "You must really have nothing better to do if you're still going to follow me around."

Back into the forest, it was almost impossible to see due to the lack of firelight that kept our vision alight. Though Akaza seemed to have no trouble meandering through the bushes beside me.

"Hm," he said, crossing his arms as he walked. "You may actually be right about that."

I arched a brow giving him a sidelong glance, my anger finally simmering down. In it's place, however, was an inexplicable exhaustion.