019 - ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

I was finally able to put my products to good use. Luckily enough, I could change into what I needed before paying.

The shop owner's name, I learned, was Mo. Or at least, that's what she had insisted on me referring to her as. She'd apologized multiple times for basically just existing, and I could hardly get a word in to stop her.

"Please don't worry about it at all," I insisted, giving her a reassuring smile.

She hid her face from me in embarrassment. For someone so powerful and outgoing, she sure did doubt herself.

"Well," she said, "Thank you for visiting us (L/N). It was so very nice to meet you."

I smiled genuinely at them, a feeling I hadn't experienced in quite a while. Even though I had hardly been here that long, it felt as though I could trust this couple with my entire life. And I was always correct about my assumptions when it came to that.

I turned towards the door, realizing I'd practically forgotten about my cycle's symptoms for the majority of my time here. My cramps were at least beginning to dull down ever so slightly.

"Thanks for all your help," I said with genuine trust in my eyes, hoping it would reflect towards them.

"Anytime, dear!" Mo exclaimed. "Come and visit us again soon, alright?"

I nodded, beginning to push open the wooden door. And with that, I was back out onto the street.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

It was dark now, the area's population growing even more so in the later hours compared to the evening beforehand.

However, remembering my own thoughts about the true depth of Akaza's safe-keeping for me, I decided to take my time returning back to the townhome. All those times he had made me wait, this time it would be vice versa. He could put that infinite amount of patience to good use.

It was hard to think much over the amount of people laughing and yapping like excite-able dogs—but I supposed that I only felt annoyed by it due to the fact that I just could never be apart of that.

Even so, finding myself walking through the street with the smell of spices and freshly baked-goods, the tents and food-stands being set up for the festival...