026 - ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

Akaza couldn't think straight for those next few days—up until the meeting they were to leave for. It was a sort of intensity that had taken over his mind. One built of an entirety of different emotions. Emotions he didn't believe he could ever feel.

He had become restless.

And (Y/N)...

It was so unusual, what had happened. What he was feeling. Though it didn't entirely feel new to him. It was as though his body, his heart, remembered something about this feeling that his mind simply couldn't. Maybe from a time in which he'd been human, he wasn't sure. But supposedly, that was what made this sensation all the more addicting to him.

She was an addiction of sorts. One that had grown over time; competing with his focus on strength and power. Akaza wanted to be around her, to be close to her. It was almost painful when he found himself away from the young assassin.

It was hunger that had grown to consume him.

A hunger not only to eat her, but to feel her. To have his mouth brushing her own, to have his hands touching her supple skin. The skin in which he hadn't made another move to touch. Despite the desire and hunger he felt from (Y/N) in return.

But the thought of his feelings towards this human woman was not the only thing keeping him restless the last few days. No—there was a much bigger dilemma charging straight ahead. It gnawed at him, the thought of this upcoming meeting.

The fact that he was to bring the young assassin along. It was as though his instincts were screaming at him to keep her away from his comrades. Despite her own strength... she would be dead in a matter of seconds if she were to upset any demon.

It wasn't only that, though. They both had roles to play when it came to the meeting. And that was perhaps the most terrifying thing of all to him.

Douma's words haunted him, forcing Akaza to stay near her. It angered him more than he personally would have liked.

A human woman...

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The warmth of the sun kissed my face through the small window of my bedroom, the mid-afternoon light soaking up the room in a glow in which I hadn't seen in what felt like so long.