002 - ʜᴇʟᴘʟᴇss

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

I'd been aware of someone trailing me, and as annoying as it was to have this person watching me all minutes of the day... I hadn't acted on my knowledge of them.

For multiple reasons, really. The first being that despite following me, they showed no sign of even revealing themselves nor making any move against me. No—they merely watched, observed. As if testing me somehow. The second reason being that I wanted to see how long they were willing to keep hidden and whether they would ever leave. And last of all... I wanted to be the one to catch them by surprise.

Putting on a show for them—acting as though I were a mere young lady in the midst of travel—that part was easy. And when it came to show off what I really was to them... I'd put a little extra into my performance when killing these last few targets.

And when it came time to reveal myself to whoever had been stalking me... The last thing I'd been expecting was the pink haired, tattooed man I saw in front of me.

Not only that, but before I could even finish coming up behind him, he struck first—taking me by surprise. Though I still decided to hide that, instead beginning to speak up.

"Did you enjoy the performance?" I inquired, becoming fully aware that he now knew well what I looked and sounded like. But the same could also be said on my end as well.

For I was able to get a proper look at him as well.

"You were following me for the last three days... or is it four now? I honestly don't remember." He cocked his head. No fear... interesting. "Is that little show what you were hoping to see?" I tried to tease him a bit more to see how tense things would get.

But after his odd shock and analysis was done, his features changed into that of a challenge, as a grin found it's way to his  face—which then melted away into a chuckle, which then turned in to a full on laugh.

"Oh, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for this," he said, his delicate voice snaking over my skin.

He took another strike at me, which I sidestepped at the last minute, moving backwards and out into the clearing again. To which he walked forwards, his eyes never leaving mine.

So he wanted to fight me?

That was definitely the last thing I'd expected, but I wasn't about to complain.