029 - ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

I kept my gaze to the floor, even when I heard a laugh that echoed to sound more or less like a cackle than anything—a witch's laugh.

Both Akaza and I stood still, none of us daring to move.

"This is her?" A young woman's voice sounded—a eery confidence and sense of pride coming through at her tone. A few mumbles answered in her wake. "An assassin? She barely looks older than fifteen!"

I swallowed.

"Yes, Daki," Akaza said with a sigh from next to me, stepping up with such carelessness that one would think he had better things to do instead of this. Though his voice was reserved, words clipped.

The demon, who's name I assumed was Daki, scoffed; I dared to look up at those standing before me.

The eccentric demon with the rainbow hued eyes let out a dramatic breath, crossing his arms over his broad chest which was covered with a set of clothing that matched his personality perfectly. "Oh, hush, you two," he said with a wave of his hand. "I'm more than pleased with the human. Can't you tell from her scent the power she holds?" He gave an excited laugh. "It's no wonder our Akaza took a strong liking to her."

I didn't dare look behind me to gauge the demon's reaction.

A grunt from a certain demon who's appearance had immediately gained my attention: a pair of six eyes that seemed to glow with an immortal power. "Douma," he stated, causing the blonde demon to give him tilt of his head. "This is the woman you saw Akaza with, is it not?"

Douma grinned; I had to avert my eyes from the intensity as he scanned me from head to toe.

"I would know it was her from across the room. I would never forget someone so... intriguing."

The demon with thrice the amount of eyes as everyone else only nodded. "Then we shall wait for Master to arrive."

Daki sat down on one of the chairs in the chamber, swinging her long hair around. "Why can't we have a bit of fun while we wait?" she whined. "There's no telling when Master will arrive. It could be hours from now."

"You best watch your tongue," another grotesque demon spoke up—despite his warning words, his voice revealed he did not particularly care.

I found myself staring at the conversation held between the most powerful demons. The bickering, nagging comments and the diverse personalities... if it weren't for the powerful aura that filled the chamber, I would've almost forgotten they were anything but demons. That, and the fact that they kept arguing about whether it would be worth it to... have some fun with me before the meeting was to officially begin.