020 - ғᴇsᴛɪᴠᴀʟ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

Akaza said it was alright for us to take a bit of a break from training until I was well enough to do so in my top form again, despite all my efforts of insisting I was alright for the entire next day.

He allowed me to rest, which surprisingly I did for the majority of the day. And luckily enough, my symptoms had completely disappeared, which I was ever so thankful for.

Akaza had even attempted to try cooking for me again, his excuse being that I wouldn't shut up about how much pain I was in, so he'd do anything to get rid of my whining. But even so, I could tell that wasn't it—even trying my best to tease him about caring for me. To which he ultimately denied.

Even so, the lie in his voice was evident, causing me to smile about it for a lot longer than I would've thought.

Another shock had to be the fact that the demon's cooking was actually... improving, somewhat. Enough for me to not complain. Just now, he'd prepared me a simple rice dish, topped off with some hot stew.

"Could use a bit more spice next time. It's a little bland," I teased after taking a few bites.

He sat across from me on the floor, rolling his eyes as he watched me eat. "If I knew you would've complained this much, I wouldn't have gone to such effort—"

"Yes, you would." I grinned, bringing the spoon to my mouth. He went silent, causing me to look back over at him. "What's wrong?" I inquired, hinting my voice into a tone of seriousness.

His golden eyes looked up from under his pink lashes, flashing with a certain emotion I couldn't detect. "Nothing, it's fine."

I hummed, frowning, but deciding not to push him. I learned a while ago that when he had his... moods, it was better not to interfere. Despite my utter curiosity when it came to how he thought most of the time.

Nodding, I changed the subject. "Are we training today, then?" I asked through yet another spoonful of food in my mouth.

He clicked his tongue at my lack of manners. "Did no one teach you any decency?"

I raised a brow, pausing my eating at his words. "I didn't think demons cared about decency."

Akaza shook his head. "Well, this one sure does." A pause from him before he continued. "And no, we aren't training today."