005 - sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

After Akaza had left that night, I'd fallen back into a deep sleep—which in the end only felt like five minutes before I woke up at the sound of the front door opening again.

My instincts went off like alarms as my body woke up, and I reached for my blades. Only to remember I'd been stripped of them when Akaza had aided with my wounds.

I grit my teeth despite the fact that he'd helped me and tried to sit up on my own. Plus, I was beginning to grow agitated—I was itching to get up and do something again. And if I were to guess, I'd say it's probably been about two or three days since my fight with demons.

Which I still had a very difficult time wrapping my head around that fact. Especially because it was proved multiple times that what Akaza had claimed about demons was true. Not only that—because in my gut, I believed him.

The door to the bedroom opened by the time I was perched onto my elbows, delicately trying to lift the cloth that was patched around my wound.

I froze upon seeing the tattooed demon, halting my movements.

"Welcome back," I said before continuing to reach for my bandage.

Suddenly his hand was on my wrist, stopping me once more from examining my thigh. He didn't grab me roughly—to my surprise—but it was enough to stop me and lift my gaze to meet his golden one.

He had a frown upon his face. "Apparently I can't leave you for more than a few hours without you ruining your chances of healing."

I scoffed, breaking our eye contact and pulling my hand away. "Yeah, well, I guess I'm just bored." I collapsed back onto my makeshift bed amongst the tiny room. "Plus, why would a demon like you care so much for my well-being?"

It was a question I'd been meaning to ask him—along with about a million others, but it was better to go one step at a time.

He didn't answer me, instead he smiled, getting up and moving over to his table once again. "I've already told you," he said without looking at me. "Also, you're welcome."

I glared, not answering.

Akaza looked at my questioning gaze and smiled again. "I took care of all the mess for you."

"What mess?"

A sigh. "Aside from protecting you from the other demons as well as fixing your leg, I also went to clear up the bodies of those you left behind out in the forest."