032 - ғᴀɪʟᴜʀᴇ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

Muzan Kibutsuji, the King of Demon's and soon to be conquerer of all Japan, smiled to himself.

It was going perfectly. Despite not being able to analyze her further, he knew she would be able to play the part he needed.

And after he ran into that demon slayer...

If the assassin were to fail her future mission, he would see to it personally that she would be destroyed. Along with his Upper Moon.

Akaza.

He had honed her body to its proper form—almost. She was so close to being at the level he needed her to be.

And when it came to the (L/N) clan members... it was a miracle in itself that one of them was still alive—and young enough.

It had been so difficult to track her down, this assassin. But even so, when he had finally confronted her at the meeting, it appeared as though she had no idea why he wanted her.

That particular fact made it all the more interesting.

Muzan supposed that whoever had raised this young woman hadn't cared to share the vital information about her family—about what has been passed down through her blood for millennium. Why her family had turned the way it was.

The game was about to start. And that demon slayer who held the hanafuda earrings... he would be dealt with before this would all begin.

A wicked smile crossed over his face. Everyone on the street who passed by him made sure to stay far from the red-eyed man who's aura gave off his evil intent.

He knew what he had to do next. The next step that would surely bring forth what he needed from the girl.

The breaking point.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The hallway was coated in sunlight—pure daylight streaming through the open windows. It was something so odd to see nowadays. Despite the fact that it had once been so normal to behold.

It was a hallway I'd walked through time and time again, always to the same destination I always looked forward to seeing. As well as who was located inside the room at the end of the hall.