022 - ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

"See! You're getting it," I said to my partner with a breathy laugh.

In a sense, it was kind of adorable how he tried to match my own movements. It was clear that neither of us were professional dancers, but the way he eventually focused on trying to do it properly made my stomach flutter.

The music was incredible, so many couples and groups of people dancing to the upbeat sound—so at odds with the soft music I'd listened to before. The sound of the drums, the guitars and violins matching it so well...

I couldn't get enough of it.

And with Akaza here with me, I didn't want to leave.

"Wanna try a spin?" I asked him over the sound of the music, his hands still on me as we moved throughout the crowd, never staying in one spot. I'd lifted up my kimono in hopes of not getting it dirty on the sandy ground.

Akaza's hands having been resting on my lower back tightened slightly in response to my question.

"A spin?" he asked over the music.

I grinned, nodding. "Like this—"

I removed his hands from my waist, part of me already missing the contact of how he'd swung me along to the music. Taking his blue-tipped fingers in my own human ones, I lifted one of his hands up above my head, my hand still in place as I began to twirl underneath.

I laughed, knowing he probably had no idea what was going on.

I then pulled back, stretching our linked hands before pulling myself back in for another style, spinning directly back into his arms.

Akaza caught me, his eyes going a bit wide. But even so, his own smile began to twitch at his pale lips. His golden eyes were alit with an emotion I couldn't place in the moment, my mind too focused on how amazing it felt to be dancing with such freedom.

"Could we try that again?" he then asked a bit breathlessly—despite the fact that he never lost control of his breathing.

I agreed, allowing him to take more lead as we danced, feeling the way he spun me outwards and back towards his chest, his smile growing along with my own laughter.

"See? Aren't you having fun?" I inquired as he twirled me once more, bringing me back towards his vest-covered chest.

"I suppose," he said, his lips twitching in a way that let me know he was trying to hide a smile.