008 - ᴅᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

We trained all throughout the next few nights.

And all of it—every minute—was only a repeat of the first few hours. One hit—in three days, all I could land was one lousy hit on him.

On the third night of being practically beaten to a pulp, Akaza finally called it quits for now, and I found myself more sore than I'd ever been before. Not just physically, but mentally, I couldn't even bring myself to move very much at all.

I simply laid on the ground, focusing on my ragged breathing while doing anything that I could to ignore the agonizing pain I was in. It was as though he targeted every portion of my body, striking it over and over again by means of making me suffer.

I stared upwards; judging by the lightening sky, I assumed that it was now early morning. The air was becoming warmer, yet my body was still numb from the hours I'd spent outside.

The inside of me, however, wasn't cold. In fact, it was almost alit with an inner fire. My heart felt like it was burning, each pump sending scorching flames along my veins with each time I couldn't land another hit on the demon I fought.

I was angry with myself. Angry at Akaza, too.

"You need to eat," the demon said from somewhere around me. His footsteps sounded, and suddenly he was crouched and hovering over me—blocking the view I had on the dark blue sky.

I didn't say anything, instead just closing my eyes and calming myself.

"I don't want to eat."

Akaza sighed, and I peered an eye open to see his pink brows furrowed in annoyance. "I don't really care. You have to eat or all of this will be for nothing."

I grumbled, preparing myself before sitting up abruptly, Akaza avoiding the collision of our skulls.

He stood up, crossing his arms as he looked down at me. After a few minutes of glaring between us, he eventually sighed once more before turning around and beginning his walk back into the house.

I glowered up at his annoying departure full of authority. "And what about you?" I asked.

He paused his per-suit, turning his head to the side without looking back fully at me. "What about me?"