001 - ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

The Upper Moon demon known as Akaza hid deep within the midst of the bushes, his bright golden eyes never once leaving the young woman's figure.

An icy breeze sounded, whistling past his ears and moving around the leaves in the clearing of the forest they were both currently set in. Whoever this woman was... she had no idea who'd been watching her all this time.

He'd been tracking her for three days now—off and on throughout the multitude of nights. After Master Muzan had found her. And yet Akaza still had no clue as to why he'd been asked to follow her around.

It was torture, meandering after her like some pet.

But Master Muzan had been clear about his instructions with this girl. Akaza could remember the meeting as clearly as if it's just happened. Being summoned was not something that happened often when it came to the demon king, and it was usually only for instructions, or if he was in an entirely offensive mood.

But this time... this time had been different. An instruction he hadn't received in a very long time.

"I have need of you, Upper Moon Three."

Forehead to the floor in a bow, Akaza had his jaw clenched, awaiting his master to continue on.

"I have found someone I believe will be of use to me in the near future." The Demon King's voice echoed around the room, sending chills right through to Akaza's bones as the sound reverberated.

Akaza furrowed his brows, his interest peaking ever so slightly at what he'd heard. If this were true, why come to him and not a demon of higher rank?

"I need you to find them for me." A pause, and Akaza could feel that he wasn't finished—there was more to it than merely finding them. "But that isn't all." The demon on his knees clenched his fist. "I also have a certain task for you to accomplish when you find this certain... person."

Taking that as an invitation to speak, Akaza opened his mouth—remaining kneeled on the floor. "Who am I to find, Master?"

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Akaza frowned slightly, squatting down to keep hidden as he observed the young woman meandering through the forest.

There had to be some sort of mistake.

This is who Master Muzan wanted him to find?