000 - ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛ

━━━ ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅ ━━━

Why did people always have to be so... noisy.

It was honestly a question I found myself asking a little too often on a normal day, but now being in such a busy city with mounds of people... Well, I'd gotten a headache before I'd even stepped foot in this chaotic place.

It was as if the city itself was one to come alive at night. And not just from the people. No—it was everything here that seemed to be overflowing with such a strong essence of vivacity. I couldn't entirely explain it.

I groaned, lifting myself up onto the roof of one of the multitude of shops that littered about, finally escaping the noise and the heat of the crowd.

Because it wasn't even just the noise that agitated me, but the grimy heat of being so close to people made me debate whether I could've just stripped down to feel like I could actually breathe for once.

The mask on the lower half of my face surely didn't help either, but at least it hid the scowl from my lips that seemed unable to disappear for the last hour I'd been here.

Settling down onto the slightly slanted roof, I observed the street from up above, letting out a long breath before tossing my small bag beside me.

Slinging off my dark hood, I decided to keep my mask up just in case. I couldn't let myself relax just yet. After all... my job here wasn't finished.

Not yet.

Collapsing down beside my bag, I still allowed myself to close my eyes—if only for a moment. And that was when the exhaustion really kicked in. Travelling for days on end would take a toll on anyone, really.

I'd give anything for even a half an hour nap right now.

I scrunched my nose, knowing my wish wouldn't come true anytime soon. Eyes still closed, I focused on my breathing, trying my best to cancel out the constant chatter of people down below.

I opened my mind to the more calming noises: The whistling of the crisp wind, the slight melody of music that played from a distance... I could even smell the many food stalls and shops cooking away for the tourists and residents of the city.

I supposed this place was actually quite nice.

And honestly, if I had the chance... if I'd been born into a different life than the one I was given... I would've liked to explore such liveliness.