The Trip Down Memory Lane

Start from the beginning

"The greatest." Dom said.

"Phenomenal." River added while trying to supress a smile.

Kaylia looked at Parker expectantly and I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing.

"Kaylia would you go out with me?" Parker asked lazily and Kaylia smiled broadly.

"No thank you." She said and her smile vanished. "I'd rather spend the night with my dog. I know what you're trying to do Joan and it's not working." She said before sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Busted." I said and the others laughed at me for trying.

Parker's phone started ringing and he picked it up. He listened to the person on the other end for a few seconds before ending the call.

"That was the don. We gotta get back to work, bro." He told River who sighed tiredly.

"I'm fucking exhausted." River said before getting up from my bed and heading for the door.

"Thanks for the gifts you guys." I said and they smiled before hugging me again.

"I love you boys." I said behind them.

"We love you too." They yelled from outside.

"Matty come with me to the vending machine." Kaylia said and Matt seemed irritated.

"Can't you go alone?" He asked and she sighed.

"No, you know I hate hospitals. I only came here for Joan." She said and I smiled because that means she cares about me. "Don't-" she said before I could say anything.

"You like me." I said and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Fine. You kinda grew on me." She said before smiling at me. "Matt?" She asked and his shoulders slumped.

After they left the room I shook my head.

"He needs to learn to say no to her." Dom said softly.

"I know those boundaries are wild." I commented.

"I almost forgot. There was a man who came looking for you. I think his name was Vincenzo." Dom said and my eyes widened.

"He looked for me at home?" I asked and Dom nodded. Why would he do that? Louis's men are basically always around. What if they saw him?

If they did they would've told Louis and he would know that I betrayed him. Then he would hate me for it.

"It's my new chauffeur, Louis told me about him." I lied blatantly and Dom nodded.

"What happened to Charles? I liked him." Dom said and I quickly thought of something.

"He's sick. He'll probably be okay when I'm discharged so I don't really need the other guy." I said and Dom frowned.

"Okay then. I brought your phone and a bag of clothes." Dom said and I smiled at him. "Also here's your gift from me to you." He said before handing me a small black box.

"You're the best." I said and he returned my smile. "Thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine." He said before sitting next to me on the bed.

"I really can't afford to lose you, Joan. I can't imagine my life without you." Dom said and I sighed before hugging him and rubbing his back in a soothing manner.

"I'm here, Dom." I whispered into his ear and he nodded against my shoulder.

When Dom and the others left I took a very painful shower. But it was worth it, I felt a lot better afterwards.

I opened the box that River gave me and I placed my hand on my mouth. I couldn't help but smile.

How did he know?

I took the light pink instant camera out of the box and switched it on. This is one of the best gifts I've ever received.

Typical River, he loves cameras, computers and wires. This is so cool that he bought me this.

Louis entered my room and I smiled broadly when I saw him. He was wearing sweats and he looked extremely hot in it.

"Hey, baby." He said and I blushed a little.

"Hi." I said and he took my hand in his before placing a soft kiss on the inside of my wrist. Butterflies fluttered in my chest at his touch and he smiled at me.

"Thank you for saving me." I said softly. "My hero." I continued under my breath.

"I'm not a hero, Joan." He said but I brushed him off.

"Well you're mine, so... I think I'm gonna call you my hero from now on, it's much better than daddy." I said and Louis chuckled.

"It has a nice ring to it. We can come back to daddy later." He said and I pulled a face.

"I'm never gonna call you daddy." I said and we laughed together. "You have a strange mind." I said and he laughed even more.

"You forgot to say daddy." He teased and I laughed.

"I love you." I said out of the blue and he smiled while looking at me.

"I love you so much more." He said seriously. "I don't deserve you, Joan." He said under his breath so I shook my head.

"You deserve me, Louis. You deserve so much more." I told him while I held his face in my hands. "Now kiss me." I demanded and he smiled softly.

His lips landed on mine and he started kissing me passionately. His hands gently rested on my back as he pulled me against his chest.

"I missed you." I said through our kisses and he groaned in response. "But we're not gonna have sex in the hospital." I said and he laughed loudly.

"I was just trying to kiss my girlfriend." He said in amusement. "Boundaries, remember?" He asked in a playful tone and I smiled before hitting his chest.

"Look what River got me." I said while showing him the camera. He took it from me and examined it.

He took a photo of us and I kissed him right after. He placed the photo in my hand and I smiled before holding it against my chest.

"My hollow motherfucker." I said before curling into a ball on his lap.

"My pretty little vixen." Louis said before placing a kiss on my head and wrapping his arms around me.

I can't tell you guys what Joan is hiding... Yet. Just be patient.❤

Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment, I love you guys. Stay wonderful.❤