Avni's big decision

Beginne am Anfang

Shweta: can we make a plan for tomorrow?

Avni: no, no Mummy Ji, I have two meetings tomorrow so not possible. It's ok, you go, I will manage.

Shweta: ok, if you are saying then ok.

Avni sighs. Neil saw she is trying to hold her tears.

Shweta: but, thank God, Kareena is not pregnant.

Avni looked down.

Shweta: you know that, right?

Avni nods.

Avni: yaa, mamma called me.

Shweta: yes, she called me also and I am really upset with Kareena how can she lie about her pregnancy even Aman did not know about that.

Neil was shocked.

Neil: what?

Avni looked at Neil. Neil looked at Avni.

Shweta: yes, when Neela Ji took her to the hospital for a check and the doctor confirmed she is not pregnant then she confessed that to put pressure on Maddy Jiji, she did that.

Neil looked at Avni who was looking at her. Neil felt like Avni's eyes are saying that you said, I spoiled Aman now tell me who spoiled Kareena why she did the drama of fake pregnancy if his love for his sister is right then how her love is wrong.

Avni looked down.

Avni: I am getting late, mummy Ji. Bye. Bye Bebe.

Bebe: drive safely.

Avni nods and goes. Neil was looking at her by turning his face. Neil thinks.

In the nighttime, Avni was standing on the balcony and sipping a coffee. Neil comes into the room and saw Avni is not in the room he goes forward and saw Avni is standing near the rail. Neil shook his head. Avni sipped her coffee and moves her head to move the hair. Someone puts the shawl on her shoulder. Avni looked at her shoulder then she saw the person. It was Neil. Avni smiled to see him. Neil also smiles. Avni looked straight. Neil also turns his face and keeps his arms on the rail.

Neil: what are you doing here?

Avni: nothing, just enjoying the coffee and making plans for tomorrow.

Neil takes the cup from her hand. Avni looked at that. Neil turns the cup and holds the handle.

Neil: plan of what?

Neil sipped the coffee. Avni was looking at him. Neil turned his face. Avni looks straight.

Avni: office work.

Neil: really?

Avni nods.

Neil: office work or avoiding Aman's marriage preparation.

Neil passed the cup. Avni takes that.

Avni: there is nothing to avoid. Everything is clear.

Avni sipped the coffee and passed that to Neil.

Neil: clear? How?

Neil sipped the coffee. Neil passed the cup to Avni. Avni suppresses her lips and moves her finger at the edge of the cup. She moves her head and sighs.

Avni: I am going to London for one week workshop.

Neil was shocked. Avni sipped her coffee.

Neil: What?

Avni nods.

Avni: after two days.

Neil: you took that decision and didn't tell me?

Avni: I did not get the chance to tell you and everything is confirmed today only.

Neil: Avni, Aman and Kareena's wedding is in two weeks.

Avni turned her face and looked straight.

Avni: I am not invited to that.

Neil: not invited? You are Aman's sister you don't need any invitation.

Avni: of course not but you heard what Mr Mehta said that night. He clearly asked me to stay away from this matter so I am staying away.

Neil was looking at her. Neil turns his face and keeps his arms on the rail.

Neil: so you will come one week before the marriage.

Avni: no, I will directly go somewhere else. I got a big project so I want to monitor that personally.

Neil turns his face to Avni. He was standing by keeping his arms on the rail.

Neil: what will you say to Aman? What is his mistake in it?

Avni: nothing. The mistake is mine.

Neil was looking at Avni then he looks down and again looked at Avni.

Neil: you are still angry about that.

Avni shook her head.

Avni: no, I am hurt.

Neil looked at her.

Neil: I am sorry, Avni. I know whatever I said was wrong but I really don't like the way papa talk to you. He always blames you for everything. My anger was not on Aman and Kareena's matter. It was for you.

Avni looks straight and smiles.

Avni: yes, it was for me and you also blamed me. You know what Neil, I think, I am not hurt, I am done. I am done with all this shit. Means, the mistake is of anyone, put the blame on Avni. The culprit is Avni. I know, papa, no, not papa, Mr Mehta is angry with me and I am the reason for that but that doesn't mean that every time, everyone will make me stand in the witness box and accuse me for anything.

Neil was looking at her. Avni turns to him, Neil also stands properly to her.

Avni: I have done everything. I am the only one wrong here then ok I am wrong. Mr Mehta wants me to stay away now I will stay away from this matter, not only this matter but from anything. I always stand on the front now I will be nowhere in anything.

Avni looked at Neil she goes. Neil was looking at her. He thinks. Neil keeps the hands in his pocket.

Neil: this time wifey is very hurt. It is gonna be very tough to pacify her.

Neil sighs and think.