EPILOGUE

(A/n: I'm still processing the fact that this book got 1k votes so soon!! Omg!! Thank you chimes.🤧🤧💜💜)

The fire roared with its might. The house of a politician was burning in angry flames. The police and firefighters were busy in the rescue mission. The local residents crowded in front of the disaster. Some even recorded the scene.

Commissioner Jung Hoseok personally came to investigate the scene. The politician was an important person in society. He worked directly under the president. Hoseok was busy witnessing the horror of the fire with wide eyes. As a result, he missed someone who passed by him and disappeared in the crowd.

The person had known Hoseok for years. His perfectly black attire helped him to camouflage in the darkness. His blonde bangs covered his eyes under the hood and his lips curved into a smirk of victory the moment he passed the ignorant commissioner.

.........

Hoseok and his wife Arshu were enjoying their afternoon in the children's park. Their 4-year-old daughter was playing in the slides. The Jung parents were seated on the bench as they observed their child with affectionate eyes.

"Hoba, how's work?" Arshu rested her head on his shoulder. Her baby bump was visible now.

Hoseok gently stroked her hair, "We are still trying to find Jimin."

"Abhi tak nehi mila wo? (He is still missing?)"

He nodded with a sigh, "I hope we get him. How can they be so careless?! Something seems fishy to me."

"Don't stress yourself. Everything will be fine." Hoseok kissed his wife's temple at her supportive words.

"I am lucky to have you as my wife."

Their family moment was interrupted by a call. Hoseok excused himself and took it. Arshu went to her daughter to give him privacy.

"Yes, Soobin. Did you get any evidence in the burnt house?"

"We didn't get any footprints or handprints of the murderer. But I got something important and scary..." the younger's voice sounded shaky.

"What is it??"

There was a moment's silence before Soobin spoke, "The logo of Titans..."

Hoseok felt like he was struck with thunder. The worst nightmare showed itself after 5 years. The bliss of freedom felt momentary.

"Hello, Sunbae??"

Hoseok forgot to reply as his eyes fell on a black car across the road. It was standing as if waiting for him to notice. The window rolled down revealing the insanely handsome devil.

Jeon Jungkook smirked at him.

The car sped away before the Commissioner could react. Hoseok's breathing became uneven and Soobin's line was kept hanging. It was just a calm before the storm.

The end.

Do check out the next chapter.