3⚡Hospital Under Attack

"It is a cardiac arrest! Dr

"It is a cardiac arrest! Dr. Song charge the sedative. Matron, Pass me the scissors." Taehyung shouted and they immediately obeyed him.

For the next five minutes, the room was silent. Only the beeping of the ventilation machine pierced the ears. Taehyung was determined to save her life. Not because he was threatened by some gangsters, it was because he wanted her to live. He cut an artery and the blood sputtered out straining his robe. The beeping slowed down.

"Pulse rate is normal" the anesthetist, Dr. Song informed.

Taehyung kept his eyes locked on the dissected part. He delicately fixed the ruptured artery. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. He forgot to breathe. He gave his full concentration in his work. "Suction."

Yoongi used the vacuum pipe to suck the blood from the chest. After the cardiac arrest was taken care of, Tae removed the dead tissues and completed the remaining operation. The patient was saved.

He straightened his spine and threw his head back in relief. His lungs finally got filled with oxygen. "Operation successful." He stepped back. "Good job everyone!"

With that last word, he left the OT leaving Dr. Min to do the remaining stitches.

Taehyung exited the OT and was immediately met with an anxious Jungkook. He looked up at Taehyung with emotionless eyes expecting an answer. What kind of a guy was he? Taehyung was really curious to know him. He seemed pretty tensed before the operation but now he only showed a blank expression.

"The patient is out of danger for now. It might take her some time to heal." Jungkook acknowledged the doctor's words before leaving the hospital.

..............

The Next Day.

Taehyung was on his daily round of checkups. The woman was shifted to a cabin. She hadn't got back her senses yet. But her body was doing well.

Taehyung annoyingly rolled his eyes at the two guards in front of the door. According to Jungkook, they are for her protection. As if the hospital is careless enough to risk a patient's life. How can people forget that it is Kim Seokjin's Hospital, Savior?

Taehyung pushed in through the door. He was immediately hit by a fresh aroma of room freshener. The nurse was already jotting down some things in her notepad. On noticing the doctor, she slightly bowed and made space for him to check up.

Taehyung took her delicate hands in his to check the pulse rate. Her sleeping figure filled him with warmth. His eyes softened as he drifted off. He imagined her in a beautiful floral dress, skipping around a park with a glow of estacy on her face. The wind would sweep through her long dark hair messing the hairstyle on which she had worked on for hours. She would initially pout but when she would see Taehyung, she would immediately get infected with his smile. Her eyes would crinkle and lips would part in a toothy grin.