17⚡ Self-blame

Sometimes you dont realize the weight of something you've been carrying until you feel the weight of it's release...

Jungkook closed the door after he seated himself in the passenger's seat. He eyed his noona for some seconds. The stress lines were evident on her face. She was not looking triumphant like always. He noticed how hard she was gripping the steering, how her breathing was not normal. She was having emotional pain. He was with her long enough to make out what was she was probably going through.

"Noona, you don't look good. Gwenchanna? (Is everything alright)"

"I should be the one asking you. Show me where are you hurt?" She clearly ignored the younger's concern.

"I am okay. It's just a slight cut." Jk laughed off his pain. I might pass out. He mentally added.

"Stop lying. Now turn around."

Jungkook left a defeated sigh before exposing his back. Sri's eyes slightly widened seeing the 6-inch long cut. Blood was oozing out from it thereby drenching his blazer. Getting hurt was common in the gangster world yet she felt sad after seeing her brother struggling in pain.

"I hope Arin gave them an awful death." She pushed the accelerator.

Jungkook adjusted his position with a whimper. His mind was shutting down due to the loss of blood. He thus decided to save his energy instead of talking. He kept on staring at the outside city. It was eleven minutes past midnight, the road was isolated except for a handful of cars.

He saw Arin's car which was being followed by the rest of the Titans' cars in the rearview mirror. He counted the trees that were passing by, "One.. two... three...." Suddenly the car became too fast for him to even distinguish the canopies.

"Noona, slow down!" Jungkook's eyes widened at the speedometer.

Sri paid a deaf ear to her brother and pushed the accelerator furthermore. She was well trained in driving and pro at a car chase. She overtook the cars like a snake after its prey. Taehyung's words kept on playing in her mind. She poured her anger into driving. Besides Jungkook needed immediate treatment.

Jungkook on other hand was praying to remain alive. He drove beyond the speed limit during chases in past but he was too busy to worry about the speed at that time. It's fine as long as you are controlling the car, but try sitting in the passenger's seat you will have the greatest nightmare of your life. Jungkook was used to overspeeding still his heart was racing. Taehyung might have fainted in his place.

Sri saw the same check post approaching. She was in no mood to cooperate with them. She drove at full speed not bothering if she broke down the barricades. They finally reached home. She had reduced the travel time from 60 minutes to 20 minutes.

............

Taehyung entered his prison. He was thankful that he atleast got to see some normal people apart from these crazy criminals. But the murders still had him shaken. He felt suffocated even in the castle-like mansion. His 90m² apartment was much more spacious to him. He hated S. His love for her died the moment she tried to shoot the kid or so he had thought. But love doesn't listen to anyone. It comes and goes at its own will. Even the mightiest bow their heads to love. Sometimes haterade overpowers love, but the latter is too stubborn to completely leave one's heart.