50s

it's been a few days since the movie and you were at home. Rafe of course was out doing so many deals, killing. you know mafia stuff. My mom decided that we should go out so i agreed

we are now at lunch eating . "so you remember like 2 months ago ward had asked rafe when the wedding was?"

she looks up from her food. "ah yeah i think i do.. why what's up." i signed a little. "we did talk about it the day ward asked but i want rafe to propose. Only because i don't even think we are "fiancés" i just see us as dating."

she nodded her head at me too. "i know what you mean, and i would want that for you both too.. what date did y'all talk about?" i looked at the ceiling trying to remember the month..

"june.. i think.. not sure it's already january."

i think my mom knew where i was coming from.

-

i was back at my moms house . After lunch we did go shopping. we got lots of stuff . I got a text from rafe saying that i needed to be ready by 5 o'clock. i was really confused, but i decided to not say anything. He told me to wear something Loose.. kinda??

you just wore a romper dress with some white high tops. it was 5:02 and rafe got to your family's house.

he was standing behind the kitchen counter with your Dad across him on the other side of the counter. Your mom was sitting at the table on the computer.

you walked down the stairs and stoped on the last step. "i promise i'll have her home at a reasonable time." I was slightly confused when rafe said that... "i'm holding that against you just so you know"

my dad put his hands up in defense. "Aww y/n" my
mom said looking up from her laptop. "you look absolutely beautiful."

i put my Hands on my face. "thanks..." i mumbled. i walked down the last step so now i was standing on the floor. "ready?" he asked me walking to the door. i Nodded my head yes walking to the door.

"bye fam!" i said opening the door. Rafe closed the door and i did a little turn so i was Facing him. "soo..." he dragged out. "you look beautiful"

i smiled. "you look better."

-

we drove for about 25 minutes and i was very curious on why we were heading out of town. "rafe... why are we doing out of town?"

i trust rafe. i do. but i was just very confused... i mean i didn't pack anything with me.. i'm still so confused. "Don't worry about it... we are almost there."

i knew he wasn't gonna tell me..

we then stoped in a parking lot and i looked up from my phone. My Jaw Dropped. i looked straight over at Rafe who was smiling as he parked.

"really?!" he nodded yes. he got out the Car and opened the door. "surprise!" he said dragging the e out.

i got out the car and looked at the lights on the building. "rafe... you drive out of town just to take me here?" He grabbed my hands leading me to the door. "this is the only Diner from the 50s in North Carolina.. but it's off the island.."

he didn't answer my question. We got a table and we looked at the menu. The jot box was what i liked the most. The neon signs outside the diner lite up the sky.

"we are gonna go to the beach after. watch the sun set." i bit my lip a little and smiled. Ah i loved him so much. "Thank you rafe."

"i wanna talk to you about something later while we are on the beach.."

not gonna lie my eyes went up when he said that. "oh... uh.. is something wrong" i asked very confused and worried.

"no it's nothing major. It's not like that." he was reassuring me. i nodded my head. We got our food and rafe said we had to get milkshakes because it would fit the Vibe.

so we did. we got them in those glass cups they had in the 50s , the soft Jazz playing in the back was relaxing.

we finished our food and we drove a few streets to the beach. we sat down on the dry soft sand. "what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" i looked over at him. if it was what i was thinking then i just would want to get it done and over with.

He stayed silent... i moved so i was in front of him still sitting. "tell me" i demand to know. "ah" he sighed out. "i think we should Go."

my eye brows frowned. "what?" i questioned softly. "we should run away. Nothing is keeping us here. Thank about it y/n! we have the money. we are adults, we can leave! go somewhere bigger. better."

I stood up after he said "better" i walked closer to the shore line. folding my arms across my chest. was it true? everything he had been saying?

the waves were so loud that i didn't even notice that he was behind me. he placed both his hands on my waist. "maybe in a while... we are young adults. And we can't leave The pogues. and The kooks... we have to wait rafe. Plus your a mafia boss... You can't up and leave that."

"i wasn't i was gonna transfer business to where ever we move to. Or take them ."

i turned to look at him. "how about... instead of leaving OBX... we could move into another house?!"

ohh. Man, that was a stress thing to say to him.

he smiled and lifted me off the ground spinning . "thats genius y/n! we can get our own place!" i laughed because he was too excited. "We need to look for houses. NOW!"

he then stoped spinning so i was on the ground now. "okay rafe!!" i laughed a little