Chapter 59

Days turned to weeks, and weeks to a month or two. He never got Noel to tell him what he meant by those words, but he hadn't seen Amy since. They hadn't heard high or low of her. Not even a hint that she was still around. There were a few weeks where Valentino was looking over his back, making him just as worried, but after that, things went back to the way they used to be between the two of them. He was happy that it was all over now, but it still made him wonder just what the old man did.

As curious as he was, Casimir refused to unblock his so-called friend from Miami. It was clear why Jay wanted to talk to him, and it wasn't to catch up like he had hoped. He really just wanted a friend, someone to talk to and have fun with. Instead, he got someone who just wanted to steal his girlfriend and then use him to win her over when they had broken up. It was time that Casimir admit it to himself, and just let the past stay in the past.

The winter ended quickly, much to his dismay. He quite enjoyed bundling up in a bunch of blankets, especially when he had someone else to hold under them all. There were still plenty of visitors in the small city, telling the locals that it wasn't that cold here. That's all the snowbirds loved to do when the cold season came: tell their tales of trekking through snow and ice. That, or it would get colder than usual and they would complain, saying that this wasn't the reason they came down here for a visit.

Once you live in Florida long enough, and the ocean breeze swallows you whole, you start to get cold much easier.

But the snowbirds were flying home for the summer, and spring was finally there. Unfortunately for Florida, that didn't stop the rain from coming. The downpour came hard to start the season off. There were always storms here, but this was one of the worst episodes.

And, as usual, it made his job ten times more difficult.

"Mr. Wiater, you have to come down to the church!" Sunshine yelled over the phone, sounding panicked. "You aren't going to believe what happened! The roof, it-!"

"Collapsed," he finished her sentence. "I know, Dear. They notified me about the predicament as well."

There were always problems in every job and career that one had. That was life. Much like anything else, he was going to have to find a solution to all of this.

They had emailed him early that morning. Many places got hit hard with the rainstorms that week. The church that Sunshine and Nikita had paid for as the location for their wedding had been remodeled. However, not even the finest materials and structure could stop Mother Nature from destroying it in a jealous rage. The storm targeted a weak spot on the building, causing a hole in the roof. The ceiling caved in the middle of the night, destroying some of the decorations that Casimir had already put up to get ready.

He hurried over there, and he knew he wasn't going to be the only one. The next person they called for help was Valentino. That was what they told Casimir before he ended the call with Sunshine. He didn't know just what all Valentino could do to help, but having him for moral support wouldn't be a bad idea. Either way, he wasn't opposed to seeing the man early on a work day. It made the stress of the situation a little better knowing that he was going to be around.

"It's a bad one," Valentino told him right as he pulled up. He must have flown out of work to be there before him.

"I would expect nothing less," he responded quietly. Keeping a relaxed demeanor was the best way to handle stressful situations like this. When the bride was freaking out, whether the problem be big or small, he was always there with a supportive shoulder and an idea to keep the wedding alive.

He didn't have one yet, but he would make sure that this couple had their happy ever after no matter what. That was what he got paid to do after all.