Chapter 33

It was just a week. He could handle being by himself for that long. Valentino wasn't one to be that dependent on people. Actually, he had learned to live independently a long time ago. It was hard to do when he was a teenager, but he had always found a way. There were just some times when Lou wasn't there due to touring and the like. And his dad wasn't in the picture when he was a teenager. So, Valentino had spent a lot of nights by himself at a young age.

Sometimes he liked it. He always had something that he could do. He was still trying to perfect that drawing of his to make sure that it would be a building to last hundreds of thousands of years when it finally got built. That was the plan. That was his dream. Well, a part of it, anyway. He wished that he could make it come sooner rather than wait all this time, but that was life. Sometimes you had to wait for things, and spend a few years working hard. But if you kept working at it, then it would happen. And that's what kept driving him forward.

What sucked was the nights when he didn't feel like drawing. The nights when he didn't feel like doing anything but lay down and watch random things on his phone. Those nights would leave him feeling lonely. Those were typically the nights that he spent with Casimir. But he didn't have him that week. He didn't even have Lou to alleviate the boredom. It was annoying that he didn't have anything to do sometimes.

He spent his nights catching up with Nikita and Sunshine, making sure that everything was going according to plan. They were so excited to be getting married so soon. It all felt like time was moving by so quickly. In the blink of an eye, it would already be close to the day of the wedding. He was sure that he would have to calm at least one of them down that day. They were going to be so happy, but he knew that they were going to freak out at the same time. There was just something about weddings that made people freak out. He didn't get it.

Then again, he hadn't really been married. He didn't think he was ever going to. Casimir had said that he wanted to get married eventually. Valentino just didn't think that he was going to be that one walking down the aisle with him. He just wasn't the type to get tied down.

But that had quickly turned into a conflicting thought the more it turned in his mind. He wished that he didn't think about it at all. Because now he was wondering who the hell he would even be with if it weren't Casimir. They had only been together for a little over a month now, and he was going to lose his mind over the idea of marriage? This was the most ridiculous thing he had ever decided to get emotional about.

He wasn't enjoying this. The man had only been in his life for such a short period of time, and he was already contemplating whether he would marry the man. How would that work, anyway? Because there was no way that Valentino was going to wear a dress or anything.

These thoughts occupied his mind on yet another boring night. Nikita didn't talk much over the phone. He was usually really tired when he got back from his classes, and Sunshine was always busy with something. So, he would just talk to them for a few minutes to make sure that everything was alright and then say goodnight. Leo was always there for him to call when he was bored, but he didn't have much time at the moment either. He had thought it was so weird when Valentino told him that he was actually dating someone.

"It's just not like you, dude," he told him. "You were always the one who wanted to focus on your career. You only fucked around every once in a while, when you got stressed and that was it."

"I know," he groaned. "I don't know what's come over me."

"I don't know what to tell you there," Leo said. "At least you have someone to keep you busy now, though."

"Like the wedding isn't enough."

"Eh, Nikita and Sunshine already have just about everything figured out for that thing, though," Leo told him. "I think this guy will be better than your high school boyfriend."