Chapter 11

"I don't like how clingy he's already getting," Sarah said. They were all in the headquarters at the moment, watching the television screen that Will had turned on. The headquarters was absolutely beautiful. Both the cupids and the anticupids department were designed to best interpret their line of work, with all kinds of artwork and paintings scattered throughout. But it was their breakrooms that Will loved the most. Him and Benny had been stuck in the very one that they were in now for a while during their first case.

It was boring for a little while, but he loved finding ways to have fun while they waited for that case to finish.

Now they were in it because it was easier than trying to sneak into either one of theirs houses. Casimir had a tiny apartment, empty of just about everything other than work. It seemed that he had tried to rid himself of many things from his past.

"Isn't his room a clear indication that he 's trying to get better?" Justin asked. "Stalkers usually have everything they can get from that person."

"Doesn't mean that he still doesn't," Sarah said. "Sometimes they keep it in a select spot so that they could bring it out any time they want to."

"True," Benny said. "But it does seem like he's getting better rather than worse."

Will let the conversation go on without him. He had heard enough of this debate for days. The truth about it was that they could never know what was going on in Casimir's head until he finally told someone, and that might never happen.

But that wasn't what he wanted to focus on right then. He was more concerned with the case that him and Benny had first gotten. Sure, their main focus was finding love for the person, but sometimes love and life came hand-in-hand. And the conversation that Valentino was having with his brother could very well affect his chances at love at the moment.

It was the first time he had seen the man look worried, actually. It was pretty funny seeing him react so much to Casimir. The man knew just how to bring out all the best reactions from the young architect. But this was the first time he had gotten defensive about something that didn't involve him. It was the first time that he didn't show any selfishness.

"Can we stop talking about this?" Benny rubbed his head. "This is giving me a headache."

"We aren't going to be able to tell right now anyway," Justin shook his head. "We won't be able to until he acts on those feelings."

"I was just saying that he's already being too clingy to Valentino," Sarah put her hands up. "You two were the ones that had to bring the conversation that far."

"I'm more worried about what's going on with his brother," Will said. He had decided to use a company computer to look more into the situation with him. It saved him from trying to access his file and read that. Since he was in a band, all the drama could easily be found on an informational platform on there.

And boy, was there drama. The fans were outraged about a small tour that they were going on, saying that they wanted them to go on a longer one that went to other locations. They had some demanding fans, Will would say that. It helped him figure out just why Valentino seemed so worried. Their last tour had a lot of backlash due to a health issue. It was sad to think that people just couldn't understand some things.

"What's going on with his brother?" Benny asked. Will quickly gave him the run down on a little bit of the drama that seemed to follow this simple band. The members were pretty calm. They had fought a little bit about music, as just about every band did, but that was just about it. They had been friends in high school and stuck with each other throughout their musical careers.

"I think this might be a good time for love to pop in, though," Will ended his story. "After all, Valentino's going to need someone to keep his mind occupied."