Chapter 18

Amor truly had been helping him heal from his former scars, it seemed. He wasn't looking at his phone all that much anymore, and work was helping quite a lot with keeping his mind busy and away from former thoughts.

He just feared that it wasn't enough. He still had dreams and memories that haunted him at night. He still longed for a warm bed, with something to wrap his arms around. His heart bled like an open wound as he went from rage to depression and all over again. It was a never-ending cycle that he hated to be a part of.

He could still imagine himself driving down to Miami, going down the exact streets to her address. He still longed to see her. To see what she had been up to in the short time that he had been gone. He wanted to see if she was happy without him; if there was anyone that was making her smile like he always did. He wanted to hear that laugh of hers again. Just one more time.

That was why he deleted all the videos that he had taken of her when they were together. He had taken all of her things off from his social media as well. He needed it for his business, but it was now only used for business reasons, not anything else. She used to be obsessed with social media, using it for everything. That was just another thing that reminded him of her whenever he had to go on it.

It was going on a year since they had broken up, and he was still thinking about her. He was pathetic, just like all of his friends had said. Not even Jay wanted to talk to him anymore, which only added salt to his wounds.

But it was his fault that they had decided to not talk to him. He couldn't blame anyone but himself. He had been the one who had used each and every one of them to get information about her. To act as messengers or spies if he was worried that she was seeing someone else.

She was, of course, but that shouldn't have been his business. He should have walked away from her and never looked back. Instead, he got furious that she had moved on right after breaking up with him. That fight was one of the only ones that they had ever had. It wasn't a fun story to remember.

He never talked about her after that. He never told anyone his side of the story. Perhaps that was why they hated him more: because all they were hearing was her story rather than both. But he didn't blame her either. It wasn't right of him to do that. It wasn't right of him to scare her.

Even if she had taken over his life just to break his heart.

"You look like you've got a lot on your mind," the bartender said. She was a pretty brunette with large curls in her hair.

His sleepless night had brought him to a bar that wasn't that far away that night. 'The Watering Hole' was an interesting name for a bar. Its crowd seemed full of laughter and cheers on that Friday night. Casimir didn't have anything to do the next day, as all of his clients were waiting on other things to be ordered or shipped. Most venues were closed on weekends, so he couldn't make many phone calls to plan the weddings that he needed to until Monday.

Not having anything to do on the weekend also meant that he was most likely not going to see Valentino either. He really didn't know what he was going to do.

"Unfortunately, I do," Casimir sighed, rubbing his head. "I really wish I didn't."

"Broken heart, huh?" she asked, wiping down a glass that was in her hand. He was sitting right at the bar. While everyone else there were too busy talking to each other and cheering loudly at dumb things that one or the other were doing, he seemed to be the only one just sitting there, quietly enjoying his drink.

"You could say that," Casimir said.

"I could see it on your face," the bartender leaned onto the bar. "I'm Matilda. Feel free to talk about it. I'm sure I've heard much worse stories than yours."