Chapter 52

"I assure you, Dear. Everything's going to go perfectly," Casimir said over the phone. It wouldn't be his job if he didn't get calls about work from the place he had been away from for only two weeks. He supposed that was what made this job more interesting. A challenge was good for the soul.

"I don't know anymore, Mr. Wiater," Sunshine told him, scared. "We just can't change the date of the wedding now! The invitations are already sent out, and the church is already booked for that day. And both Nikita and I have family coming in from other countries! We're just going to waste their time and money if we can't figure something out."

"And we will," Casimir told her. "You still have some extra money in your budget for the wedding. We'll just order the flowers from a local shop. There's still plenty of time to order and organize."

That was the issue with depending on family members for weddings. Sunshine had wanted one of her uncles to prepare the flowers and the bouquet for her. He had told her that he could handle the work it required and she wouldn't have to spend so much as she would in a professional flower shop. While Casimir had a feeling that things would go sour, he let her make the decision. People generally think that he's just trying to cheat them out of money when he makes suggestions without being asked. In instances like these, the customer was always right.

There's just too much drama that can happen in the land of wedding planning. It was never a boring job.

The issue now was that Sunshine's uncle decided to tell her a few months before the wedding that he wouldn't be able to handle preparing that many flowers. Sunshine had told him how many she needed in the beginning, but it went in one ear and out the other then. And now they would have to find some other means of getting all of this figured out.

He had dealt with worse - much worse. He was honestly surprised that the uncle swallowed his pride to tell her now rather than waiting any later that he wasn't able to perform the task. He had dealt with some who waited until the week of to tell the bride. That was not a relaxing week either.

Casimir had learned to always have a back up plan. That was another reason why he walked around the streets of Amor. It was a good idea to know just what kinds of stores were around that might help with weddings. Getting to know the owners helped to be more likely able to get their aid for issues like these it an emergency arose. People love putting a face to the name. And it just so happened that Casimir knew the perfect little flower shop that might help them with their mini crisis.

Small, family-owned businesses absolutely loved playing a part in weddings. Some of them were more expensive than corporate due to the quality of their product being better or fresher. He always found it worth it if you had just a little extra to spend. However there were also plenty of small businesses that were cheaper than the many flower shops around, while still having a good quality and dedication to their work. And he knew one specifically in downtown Amor.

The only unfortunate thing was that he wasn't in Amor right now to deal with this crisis in person. Casimir could only set up an appointment with the owner for Sunshine and Nikita. It was either that or they would have to wait another two weeks for him to come back to Amor. Unfortunately, his schedule was completely booked. He was just going to have to set up the initial meeting for them to go to alone and finish up the planning for it when he got back.

Sunshine and Nikita might be one of his easiest clients to please, but that didn't mean that things couldn't go completely wrong if he didn't keep up on the planning. He had prioritized a few other clients over them due to the demand that he was getting, but that didn't mean that he was going to leave them stranded. Casimir had worked up enough rapport that many knew his name in this line of business. And he had spent quite a lot on marketing to get his small business out there. Whether it be venues or catering, he could handle it.