Chapter 31

It was a beautiful Saturday. The weather was great outside, albeit a little cloudy. Valentino didn't have any plans for that day. He had just gone on a date the night before, and not even Sunshine and Nikita were needing his help with the wedding stuff. It was fully his day to do whatever he pleased.

And what was he going to do?

Absolutely nothing.

If he told that to anyone else, they would think that he was the strangest man on the planet. That was how he took care of himself, though. By laying in his bed and barely getting up, he recharged from all the conversations he had and all the events. It was getting closer to the holidays too. And those were always hectic, even with just him and Lou spending them together.

Most of the time, they'd spend the day with one of Lou's bandmates and their family. They always welcomed him, no matter what the occasion was. He was lucky to even have more people to spend the holidays with. Especially since his teenage years were all a mess.

It had been a while since he had a day to himself. As much as he enjoyed his work and his friends, and Casimir, it felt good to finally have time to relax in his bed. He was probably just going to channel surf on TV or watch something on his phone. He hadn't exactly decided yet. It wasn't like he was on borrowed time or anything.

His phone vibrated on his nightstand, trying to get him up from the soft covers. Sometimes he wished he could just marry his bed. It always led him to such nice dreams. Dreams about colors and feelings.

And, recently, a man with bright blue eyes.

He had been dreaming about him a lot lately. He liked those dreams, but they still scared him. He wasn't sure whether he liked being in love just yet. It seemed to cloud up his judgement and muddy his thoughts. But the longer the feeling stayed, the more he wanted it.

Like the big idiot he was. Maybe he was just getting all sentimental because of the holidays. It wouldn't be the first time he decided to open his heart to someone he probably shouldn't around Christmas. It was just the first time it was a relationship. The first time he had let himself fall in love.

His younger self would be slapping him right now.

His phone vibrated again to grab his attention. This time he listened to it and went to check his notifications.

Speaking of the Devil.

Casimir: Good morning, Darling! Are you busy today?

He still hated just how much he loved being called that. And the smile that formed whenever he saw the man pop up on his phone. Even after the fight that they had, he still wanted to talk to him every day. He was just overwhelmed by all of this. He still wanted some time to relax by himself after a long day's work. Wasn't that normal for people?

Valentino: Just relaxing today.

Casimir: Ah.

Casimir: Do you want to do something?

Valentino groaned. It was so annoying when he asked him this. Because he always wanted to say yes to the man. But if he kept going out all the time he was going to explode. His body and mind couldn't take it anymore.

Valentino: Not really. I'm just going to get some rest today.

Casimir: Oh...

It sounded like it hurt him, and he really didn't want to do that, but he didn't want to talk to people today. Not even on the phone. The only phone call he was planning on making was to his brother to see how he was doing. He really hoped the man would be back from his trip before Christmas at least.