Chapter 53

This case had gone full circle at this point. What a strange turn of events. It wasn't so much the happy, loving feelings that the love birds shared, or even the drama with the bosses that surprised her the most. The last few months had been a roller coaster of being in trouble and somehow getting away with it. That was pretty shocking, and Sarah never thought that she would ever be in the middle of a love story like this.

But what she was seeing now truly took the cake.

The one who had called Casimir a stalker was now doing it herself. For over a week they had been trailing her, making sure she didn't do anything bad to him. Instead of stalking Casimir, she had been following Valentino around, possibly looking for a way to get revenge on him.

It wasn't good when a human tried to get revenge on their exes. While there had been some that worked out, most wind up getting themselves in big trouble over a small break up. That was why Sarah typically convinced the victims out of taking action whenever possible. Getting revenge was best left to the professionals, even if they didn't know that they existed.

That being said, this woman actually didn't deserve to get revenge, especially not when it was targeted at the innocent party. Amy had done enough to Casimir. She had punished him plenty before he came to Amor, messing with him psychologically even while they were dating. That was what Cassandra had found when she finally received both their files from the Fates Department. That place had everything on everyone, dead or alive. They were ten times more organized than Cassandra's department, too.

Oliver had finally been called back over there just a little while ago. Sarah wished him the best. He should get a raise considering he finally found Amy's file.

"I feel dumb for asking," Benny said. "But what exactly is a Succubus Case?"

Benny wasn't a new cupid, especially not like Oliver, who hadn't even been on a case yet. But he couldn't for the life of him keep up with all these terms that the building shared between them. They had forced him to go through a class that explained most of them when he first started, but that was just for the Cupid cases. The Anticupid ones were a whole other language. He knew that they all had the same codes at least. The Black Code was the most widely known. It was the universal code for suicide. Codes like that one were the most important, above all others. But all these other categories were enough to make your head spin.

"A Succubus Case is an extreme gold digger," Sarah explained. "On the levels of extremes in this category, there's the Gold Diggers, Succubus's, and then the Black Widows."

"Sounds absolutely terrifying," Benny squirmed where he stood. He already didn't like spiders as it was. Now there was a whole category based off from one?

He was really glad to just be a Cupid.

"Amy's a Succubus Case because she doesn't exactly kill her victims," Justin continued to explain. "She manipulates psychologically to gain complete control of her target. They always go after the wealthy, and cause Hell when the victim even thinks of breaking things off with them."

Just by watching her, he could see the signs. The young woman was beautiful, but her eyes had a look to them that told him she wasn't going to play nice. It was a crazed look as one of her victims had somehow escaped her grasp and fallen for someone else. She hadn't even been able to marry him. Justin almost laughed at the fact that she had grown too impatient with him asking and decided to break it off with him when he was finally thinking about proposing.

If they hadn't lost her file in the department, she would have already been dealt with, though. There would hardly be any mess to clean up, especially not one as bad as the one that Justin and Sarah had to pick up the slack for. She would have already been dealt with before even meeting Casimir. They could have prevented quite a lot of heartache.