Chapter 36

"You know," Benny said. "The only thing that sucks about Amor is that it doesn't snow."

"You really want it to?" Justin asked. "Do you know how annoying it is to drive in?"

"Technically," he smiled. "We don't have to drive. Therefore, we can have all the fun we want in snow!"

"Snowball fights are the best, in my humble opinion," Will agreed with his blond counterpart. "It's also a great time for romance."

"More like a great time for frostbite and sliding on ice," Justin disagreed. "I've almost died on ice when I was mortal."

"But snow is so much fun!" Benny bounced up and down. It was mainly his way of trying to stay warm in the cold weather. "You can have snowball fights; make snowmen; make snow angels!"

"Kick trees full of snow and watch it all fall down," Sarah continued, sharing his excitement. "I pranked my brother once by doing that. Those were good times."

"Aren't we supposed to be focusing on Valentino and Casimir right now?" Justin motioned towards the two people in front of them. They were walking down the cold streets of Amor, trying to stay close and warm. The wind that day was icy as it blew over the city. They were walking to the little coffee shop in downtown. It wasn't too far from Casimir's apartment. Benny would have loved to live in apartments like his. He loved the night life when he was mortal. And Amor seemed to have a great one.

"What's there to worry about?" Benny motioned towards them. "They're adorable together."

"I can't believe his brother embarrassed him so much," Sarah chuckled. "Never thought the guy would actually turn red in the face over some stuff his brother said."

"Oh, that was hilarious!" Benny laughed. "I'm just glad that Lou finally came back. Now this is really going to be fun!"

"Speaking of Lou," Will waved over to a familiar face. "I wonder what Akari's been up to."

The cupid saw them almost immediately when Will waved. It wasn't too often they saw each other outside the office. Most Cupids and Anticupids kept hidden to focus on their clients and make sure they didn't miss anything. Whether it be a discussion or body language, anything could help them finish their assignment faster.

But, right now, they were still enjoying the scenery. There wasn't much to do with their couple. Sometimes they had to shoot another arrow to keep the couple together. It acted like an extra boost. But these two had truly been the most natural couple Will had seen in years.

It was only adding to his holiday cheer.

"Will! Benny!" Akari ran up to them. "I'm so happy to see you two!"

"Hey, Akari," Benny hugged her. He was always a hugging person. It was just not something he did with most because he wasn't sure if they were comfortable with it. Thankfully, Akari loved hugs too. "What are you doing here in America? How's your case with Lou doing?"

Akari almost always did cases in Japan and some of the countries around it. It was where she was from and she was the most comfortable over there, so that's exactly where they kept her. Love was worldwide. It didn't matter which country you were from. Akari blended in there well anyway. She even dressed like most of the people there. Sure, she still had their cupid symbol to show where she worked, but it wasn't at all like the suits that Will and Benny were wearing. Even Sarah wore a suit.

"It's going well," she smiled. "Just a bit of a wait now."

"Oh really?" Sarah poked her head over Will's shoulder curiously. She always loved hearing these stories. Call her a gossip, but she loved hearing about these love tales that the cupids got to do. She could never do a job like theirs, but it was always nice to hear about their journeys with love and arrows.