Chapter 12

Casimir woke in a cold sweat. Dreams haunted him that night. They did every night. He wound up waking up at least three times each and every time he tried to rest his tired eyes. He wasn't used to sleeping in an empty bed. It had been eight months, but he still couldn't get used to it. Because she had always been there, no matter what. She used to be curled up next to him, in his arms as tightly as could be. She would get so cold at night, while he would be so hot. It worked for them in some strange way.

He needed to get out of here. Casimir's legs moved faster than his mind, fighting this battle for him. He quickly threw on some clothes, desperate for fresh air. The door to his apartment opened and shut with barely a click. It was quiet because it was new. The apartments that he had moved into were right by downtown, high up so that he could see the beautiful city in all it's glory. Money wasn't an issue for him. He could have easily afforded a loft or even a house. But he felt like it was best to get a small apartment.

Then it wouldn't feel so empty.

Amor was absolutely stunning at night. But he was afraid that he missed all of its glory with how early in the morning it was. The independent businesses had no reason to stay open all night, no matter how hard he wished they would. He had learned of a few bars that stayed open pretty late, though. And there was a coffee shop for the college students that was open 24/7. Casimir had no idea that this little town thrived off coffee so much, but it was interesting to go in that little shop. They made some great coffee, too.

But he didn't need any of that. He didn't need a beer to drown his sorrows, or an expresso so he didn't fall into yet another melancholic dream. At the moment, all he needed was cold wind hitting his face and for his legs to move as far away from his apartment; from his car as possible.

Because if he was near his car, he would wind up driving there.

He could drive to Miami. He could drive and be there within just a few short hours. He would be there before the sun even came up. Miami was where he was raised. He knew those streets like the back of his hand.

Especially when they came to her streets. He knew exactly where she had moved to. It wasn't like she kept it that hidden. Sometimes it seemed like she wanted him to find her each and every time. Maybe if he went to her this time, she would take him back. He could get her favorite flowers and buy her favorite coffee that she loved getting in the morning. He had it memorized by heart. She used to love him surprising her every now and then. Little gifts went a long way in the game of love.

"Whoever she is, she sounds like a bitch."

Casimir stopped in his tracks. He hadn't known where he was walking, but he realized that he was headed back in the direction of his apartment again. If it weren't for that faint memory popping up out of the blue, he would have lost to those thoughts again. He had almost let them take control again. He couldn't have that.

Could he?

Casimir sighed and rubbed his face. She really was a bitch. He couldn't get mad at Valentino's words when he said it that weekend. As much as a part of him didn't want to think that, there was a part of him that absolutely hated her. That was another battle he had. He wanted her because of all the good memories that he had with her, but he hated that she had left him and taken them all away. He didn't know what to think when he saw that beautiful face in his mind. Her memories were as vivid as a clear blue sky.

As blue as the skies when he first got to Amor. Such amazing and rare weather to have, he couldn't stop himself from enjoying that, no matter how upset he was. And he could still remember the bench where he had met the mysterious man drawing a dream building as if it was happening right in front of him.