33. Lasts

Israel.

Did I ever think I was going to fall in love with my student?. Never. It was definitely the craziest thing if you'd asked me before I started to teach. Cassandra was my life. She had become so much in my life. She was the only woman who touched me without me flinching or trying to pull away. That was how much I loved her.

" So decide ,you leave or she leaves. " the chancellor stared between us. I knew  someone paid him to do this and with today being his last day of office, he wanted to end with a drama and of all the dramas he could end with. He chose our love story. I felt so retrained. I had no way out of this one. For the very first time, I was helpless.

" I'll leave, " My head shot up and turned to Cassandra's direction.

"No, you're not leaving, I'm the one who should leave. " I rose from my seat.

" I already made my decision, Professor. " she walked out of the office, leaving me with the man who just broke my love story.

I rushed out of the office, she was almost out from the corridor.

" Cassandra!, " she stopped and turned around. Tears rolled down her face. I  couldn't breath too. It was too damn suffocating.

She ran into my arms, making the both of us stumble back from the collision.

" Don't go, please. I'm begging you to not leave us, " I sobbed. This was my first time, begging and crying for someone to stay.  She was so damn important to me.

" I can't do this knowing you're not here ,without seeing your smile, your bratty personality and how in love you make me feel, " I confessed.  She had to know. All of it.

"I can't let you suffer the same fate again. This time I'm breaking it. Your career and personality defines you in the world of psychology and I'm nothing but a student," she smiles. Of all days, she had to smile to today.

"You're more than a mere student, " I caressed her cheeks. Basking in the softness of it.

"Take care, Israel. " she took so many steps away from me.

" Cassandra. " I whispered too weak to let the words out. I watch in pain as the woman I truly loved, walked thorough the gates and vanished into thin air, literally.

She didn't just walk out the door. She walked out of my life, out of Nemesis life and every single memory we had together.

Everything started to drift away. Until the very first day I entered class. I looked over the students and the seat, I knew by heart was empty.

I felt a constricting pain in my chest. A pain that made me feel numb. Tears fell ceaselessly from my eyes as I dropped to my knees and finally sat on the floors. My gaze blurred from pain, dizziness and heartbreak.

Cassandra Moreno, the girl who made me feel being touched was gone. Forever.