10. Office

Was I mad?. Yes I was. He just said I looked like I was 30 and left. He didn't utter a word. The reason why I was taking long strides to his office. I was a nervous wreck the very moment, I stopped in front of his door. I swallowed the lump in my throat. That was a bad idea, everyone was gone but I couldn't knock on his door.

I huffed and fiddled with the straps of my bag. This is ridiculous. Point blank,period.

" Come in, Cassandra, " I gasped as his deep voice answered. How did he know I was right behind his door?. What was this man?.

I hesitantly opened the door and shut it behind me. I was faced with a stressed Israel. This guy was burying himself in work. So many books, papers and others.

" What brings you here, school is closed, if I'm correct?, " I rolled my eyes. Was he trying to avoid the topic here.

" How did you know I was right behind that door?, " I folded my arms.

" My office is dimly lit, the hallways are quite lit ," he pointed to the door.

He saw my shadow.

"Why did you say I look 30,?," his dimple popped out. I hadn't noticed it. Concentrate.

" Answer me Israel, " I jabbed a finger on his table. He couldn't leave me angry and frustrated. I was impossibly shocked , and then he just left. Like how in the hell did I look thirty.

"Answer what?, " those eyes that made me speechless.

" My question, you said I was freaking 30 and left! " I was breathing heavily.

" Someone can't take jokes, Cassandra Moreno, " he chuckled and I felt like an idiot.

" You jerk!, " I stared at him.

" Sit, " he ordered. My crazy ass walked up to him and took the seat in front of his large desk.

" Here, " he pulled a stack of papers and slammed it in my face literally.

" What is this?, " I stared between the two.

" Since you enjoy working as my TA, then you'll help me organize these tests, " my jaw dropped.

" What the-"

" Don't cuss, from today you'll be my TA,"

" We didn't negotiate any payment plans or something, how the hell am I your TA, and yes what is TA, " I scoffed.

" Teaching Assistant, "

" Teaching Assistant, as in help you teach?," the thought frightened me.

" No, you'll be my TA, as in help me organize my documents, and help me take documents to the chancellor, "

" Except papers from your class , " this man---

" And the payment?, " I cocked a brow. I didn't need the money but to be around him and pester him. That would be fun.

" You'll get your paycheck, everyday after school, "

"Now, what should I do?, " I smiled and turned to the papers.

" Just organize them alphabetically. " he explained.

Teaching Assistant, Not bad.

The Professor's Cassandra जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें