13. Dinner

The thought was dreading. This dinner party was just a facade to show the world, the Moreno family was perfect. It was quite funny, how my parents were on the verge of divorce and me being the punching bag of all their frustrations. Cassie, do this, do that, don't make people see you're cracked, be a perfect Moreno.
Maybe it was why I was fucked up in the head and took attention from the most forbidden place.

They were there when the chancellor decided to expel me and fire Luke from the college. All he needed was a hefty amount, I had to pay now by doing what they wished for.

I gulped down a glass of champagne. My mom stared at me with a warning look. The overly dressed women, it's the truth and overly lusty men strut around the huge mansion. It was suffocating in here and damn I was quite tired.

An older man, probably in his late fifties approached me. He snapped his fingers at the bartender and orders gin. I rolled my eyes and scoffed internally.

I gulped my third or forth champagne for the night.

" Hello, beautiful, " that was eerie.

" Hey, " I felt the alcohol buzzing in my system.

" I haven't seen much of you around the Moreno, occasions, " he smiled.

Yes, College took me away for a bit.

" Casandra Moreno, you? " his eyes gleamed. I knew it. The kind which business men had when they got a deal. Oh, he was so wrong. I wasn't going to fall into his arms.

" Luke Matteo, " my face went pale at the mention of his name. I walked away feeling my emotions get all over the place. Luke, the name.

I rushed into my bathroom and stared at myself. Thank God for waterproof mascara. I felt my body trembling and my entire mood crumbling down.

" You don't need to cry over him, " it was the guilt. Deeper, I felt guilty for everything but no I won't admit to that. Because, a Moreno never apologizes.

"You won in the end right, you won, you got what you wanted so why are you freaking crying. " I wiped my tears and rushed inside my room to get a bottle of whiskey, I sneaked into my room. I lit a cigarette and drank from the bottle. It burned but it helped.

Think of something. Something good. Like Israel. Every memory was blocked and it was left with our make out section in class.
I stared at the blurred screen of my phone.

" I-Israel, " I slurred.

" Cassandra, are you drunk?," I nodded and sniffled.

" I want to see you, I need to see you, " I cried.

" Cassandra, calm down, where are you?, "

" Everyone --knows the castle of the Moreno's,"

" I can't see you, " he sighed.

" You're here?, " I slurred.

"It doesn't matter, where are you?," he asked impatiently.

"Upstairs, the last --room to your left, it has a fuck off sign, " I scoffed.

"Stay there,  don't go anywhere, I'm coming, "