7. Knitted Sweater

Would it be crazy to state that actually expected that he bought me something sexy. Like sexy for his eyes. Well he didn't and I wasn't disappointed but surprised. He actually got me a large knitted nude colored sweater. The neckline was large and it extended to my arm. He also got me black shorts. It was the first ever decent gift I had received. Everyone always bought me the expensive dress or something. Even though this was not a gift, I appreciated it.

I grabbed my bag off the floor and exited the bathroom, fidgeting with the hem of the sweater. I stepped out only to find him sprawled on the papers he was grading. He had fallen asleep. I had taken an hour inside because I still felt embarrassed to step out. It was already dark, the clock read 7pm. I tiptoed to his side.

How could someone so cold look, like an angel in his sleep. The lines under his eyes and heaviness of his eyes proved he was exhausted. I hesitantly moved a strand away from his face.

I took in a sharp breath. He was beautiful. If beauty had a name then possibly he'd be beautiful. It sounded girlish to call him beautiful but he was.

I absentmindedly inched closer to his face, examining the tiniest features. His lashes were my favorite thing. Girls paid to have those.

When my hand touched his cheek, his eyes shot open. Closer, it was like a dark lake, trying to swallow you up. What happened next made me take my hand away, harshly.

His body turned stiff and his eyes went blood shot like I did most forbidden thing. I just touched him. I could be waking him up for goodness sake but I know clearly I was checking him out up close. That wasn't a sin.

" Get Out!, " I backed into the shelf making the perfectly arranged books fall to the ground. My heart sank into the depths of my stomach. How on earth did this happen with seconds?. I was breathing so hard, I couldn't concentrate on anything else apart from my raging professor.

" Professor Mikha--,"

" I said get out of my office!," I wanted to ran but I couldn't. I didn't want to leave him in this condition even though I was damn scared of the situation.

" Ah!, " I  watched as he threw glasses. Papers flew around and his laptop was a done piece. I covered my lips as tears rolled down my cheeks. He was battling something, his demons.

He fell to the ground crying. I did the first thing that came to mind. I walked closer to him, slowly. He needed to be touched but touching him made him have such an outburst. 

I straddled him and held him tightly. My own heart ripping out of my chest and his breath slow and ragged. He crashed me into a hug.
I knew hugs helped, when I was in a terrible mood.

" Shhh,Israel ,"

"Go away, " he muttered.

"Not leaving you like this, "